IDX / MLS Real Estate Web Site Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinlane

Beta member
IDX / MLS Real Estate Web Site Solutions

We are working on some great IDX / MLS data feed solutions for new and existing real estate web sites.

Feel free to ask us any questions about IDX / MLS and distributing your real estate listings and information on the internet.

IDX MLS Feeds

IDX MLS Feeds is a hugely growing topic....and I get bombarded with emails about this topic.....I am hoping to create online discussions about this topic.

I approach this from a data aspect. There are many issues with connecting to various MLS, both technical, political, and legal.

Because there are over 1500 multiple listing services nationwide and they all do things there own way there are a lot of questions to answered.

I hope this forum can become a place for this discussion.

Thanks for leaving it up!

MLS IDX Discussion

Are you familiar with Real Estate Industry? MLS, IDX, RETS?

I think if you have been exposed to any of those 3 acronyms and are in the Real Estate Industry you have questions.....whether you are a real estate agent, or broker. or a web developer who targets the real estate industry.

I would disagree with your statement....my discussion starter has spurred brand new discussions on many other forums successfully.

-- What is the "new" technology your service does or provides? --

Our services and skills offer a new and innovative way at approaching MLS / IDX / RETS data feeds and relationships. I personally have developed new ways of updating this data from multiple feeds and displaying it in ways I have seen nobody else out there doing. I am looking to share this with other web developers and agents / brokers with web sites.

-- Why is it important? --

Because you have a huge industry who's information is handled by a handful of central sources who dictate large amounts of rules on how the data can be used. Many of these sources are using out of date delivery methods or are just not knowledgeable enough to use the new technologies (XML, RETS, SOAP, etc.) to service the industry. However the governing organization mandates this data be delivered to the industry. With these types of controls on the data there needs to be a lot of discussion on how to access this data, manipulate it according to standards and delivering it "legally". This is critical to the industry moving forward.

-- How does one benefit? -

They get access to their own data and can easily deliver it to their broker or agents web sites. The regain control of their own data that they have relinquished to pre-internet organizations. Plus with some of the unique methodologies I have employed the can brand this data and build a prescense of their own on the internet rather than simply linking or I-framing to their MLS / Association.

I don't want to fool anyone into thinking I am not selling a service or using this discussion forum as a vehicle to drive sales. I am.

However I am a hardcore data geek...I have over 15 years of database experience and I am extremely intrigued by the Real Estate and its methods for handling its data and by the fragmentation in the idnustry.

I am developing some very different ways in handling IDX Data Feeds and I am doing this in my own private world with only our team to share with. I am genuinely interested in finding other developers and tech savvy agents / brokers who have questions are interested in finding out what more about IDX and RETS and how to use it or maximize services that are out there.

Well I hoped I answered some of your questions.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom