i7-930's in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
^exactly! I'll end up with the same QPI speed, but on the 930 I'll have been able to get a higher OC than on the 920 (thanks to the extra head room allowed by the higher cpu-qpi ratio)

That's all a big maybe. With the higher Multiplier you'll more than likely have to reduce your QPI. If your QPI limited I would suspect the mobo, memory or a bios setting or 2.

^ I think you might have confused what I meant/said.
22 x 220 = ~4.8Ghz
21 x 220 = ~4.6Ghz

My cpu temps when I hit 4.6Ghz were still just fine, it was the mosfets/northbridge that were overheating epicly. So long as I keep the bclk at 220 my QPI won't change, and all that'll be different is I'll have moar megahurtz on my cpu.

Whereas if I DIDN'T have that extra multi, the only way to get more out of the cpu would be to increase the bclk. That would also increase the QPI, which always killed my mobo.

If your QPI limited I would suspect the mobo, memory or a bios setting or 2.
And that's exactly why you would want the higher multi. Less stress on the mobo

For a 24/7 OC a lower multi w/ a higher bclk would be better, but i believe soul and i are both referring to max oc's and suicide runs for superpi and such

Well I am doing a new build for a buddy and due to the lack of 920's at the place hes "has" to buy it at we will have a 930. I am trying to convince him to let me pop it in my machine so we can get a apples to apples comparison. Not sure if it will happen. Worst case I will have a 930 in a p6t deluxe V2.

They seem to be clocking similar to d0's so in theory it should be better than my c0. If it can hit 4.0ish on around 1.2 I will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom