I can no longer RDC into server.

Greenhornet169 said:
Is that possible to have different passwords for different ways of logging in?
No.
Greenhornet169 said:
Or is it possible to not allow RDC connection per user?
Yes, that is possible. But, usually when that's the case, the logon process will tell you that you don't have the correct permissions to rdp to the designated computer.

You are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group. You may have been at one point, but you've been removed. The only time you don't have to be part of that group to RDP to a server is if you are a member of the Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins group.

I run into this a lot at my work, if you aren't a Domain Admin you have to have specific rights to RDP into a server. You have to be part of the Remote Desktop Users on that servers group policy.

Last edited:
You are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group. You may have been at one point, but you've been removed. The only time you don't have to be part of that group to RDP to a server is if you are a member of the Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins group.

I run into this a lot at my work, if you aren't a Domain Admin you have to have specific rights to RDP into a server. You have to be part of the Remote Desktop Users on that servers group policy.
But if that were the case, wouldn't the logon process tell him that he doesn't have the necessary permissions to RDP then? Not telling him that either the username or password is wrong.

Wouldn't he get a message like this?
7206.clip_5F00_image002_5F00_29213170.png

Are there special characters in the password? Are the special characters being entered correctly (keyboard language + configuration). If no one is looking, type the password into the username field to check.

For example sometimes people think they're typing @ when they're typing " and visa versa - that's a common one.

Did you verify you are a member of that group? None of us are admins at your place of work so we can't look ourselves. Either verify yourself by logging into the machine locally (which yo u said you could do) or call your IT dept and ask.

Back
Top Bottom