High end Gigabyte P55 mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
There isn't a lot dramatically new to this motherboard or chipset, but we can see a few interesting things. First, the board sports only four DDR3 memory slots because the Core i5 processors will only have a dual channel memory controller. The LGA1136 processor socket is a bit smaller than the the LGA1366 for the Core i7 CPUs. There are what looks to be 10 SATA ports on the right hand side of the motherboard and three PCI Express x16 slots (likely a single full x16 and a two x8).

Overall, an exciting, but no overly dramatic, new motherboard offering from Gigabyte. Looking forward to testing Core i5 soon!

PC Perspective - Gigabyte shows P55 Core i5 Motherboard

You have to agree their color scheme is getting better, not great but, alot better. My last GA board had hot pink mem slots lol.

Yeah, as long as they stay away form hot pink and gimmicky schemes we should be good. The color schemes that really annoy me are the Halloween one, black pcb and orange slots, the default Nvidia, black and lime green, and any odd colors that clash.

A lot of gamers and OCers like to show off their rig and ugly mobos kind of ruin the experience. They (the mobo industry) need to get some better schemes.

Can't go wrong w/ black and red. Like the EVGA Classified or Blood Rage. I don't mind the blue PCB it reminds me of Abit

Yeah. Black and red is pretty sweet. Light green is oldschool and you tend to find it on older boards. My Abit was orange, it looked awwwright.

I think aggressive schemes work better. It gets the vibe of an overclocked fire breather.

Oh yea I remember when every board was that weird peach orange. First board I got that was black was the Asus A8V-E Deluxe. ****** NB heatsink....so I thought. The thing started to whine like crazy after awhile.

the NB heatsink looks photo shopped or something weird like that. is it just me or does it look like there is a "e" in front of gigabyte and a "e" or an "s" at the end :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom