Hello AMD Socket G34

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome! But aint quad-cores enough? Geez. 8 n 12 cores, wouldnt that mean if i played a game that only utilized 2 cores, the game will actually go slower as more cores r added? Think about it.

if an 8-core AMD processor was listed as say 3.0GHz? Then each core would have to be 500MHz each. When i play an old game that can only use 2 cores, i will only be using 1GHz of my 8-core processor lol! Wow!

a 45nm Phenom high-end is all i really need.

The clock speed of a multi-core processor is not additive. All cores run at the same 3ghz. A common misconception.

... A multi core system will show performance increases in multi threaded applications and operating systems. No not all the core runs at the same speed cores on some processors are dynamically controlled in both voltage and in clock frequency. Server processors over clock quite well since they are designed for power consumption and 24/7 stability. The thing I don't like is that the fully buffered memory costs about as much as the CPU itself.

PS Nehalem is a really bad processor if you look at it 1.65 memory volt limit 130 Watt TDP and quick path is still not as fast as HyperTansport. Also if you start adding GPUs onto the Core 2 duo the less GPU performance you got because of the CPUs FSB bottleneck some of my highest rendering scores actually came from Barcelona cores. But I agree if you can get the FSB clock high yes you can make some radical scores but HT on the AMD phenoms and Athlon X2s made it a more practical gamer solution than a Core 2 duo because of multi GPU scalability and performance per watt.

PS Nehalem is a really bad processor if you look at it 1.65 memory volt limit 130 Watt TDP and quick path is still not as fast as HyperTansport. Also if you start adding GPUs onto the Core 2 duo the less GPU performance you got because of the CPUs FSB bottleneck some of my highest rendering scores actually came from Barcelona cores. But I agree if you can get the FSB clock high yes you can make some radical scores but HT on the AMD phenoms and Athlon X2s made it a more practical gamer solution than a Core 2 duo because of multi GPU scalability and performance per watt.

nehalem is also the fastest cpu on the market without question and its 130w TDP is very reasonable compared to the 140w TDP of the massively slower phenom 9950. I don't see how you can say Athlon x2's and phenoms have better performance per watt when it takes a 95w Athlon x2 7750 to keep up with a 65w E5200.

... A multi core system will show performance increases in multi threaded applications and operating systems. No not all the core runs at the same speed cores on some processors are dynamically controlled in both voltage and in clock frequency. Server processors over clock quite well since they are designed for power consumption and 24/7 stability. The thing I don't like is that the fully buffered memory costs about as much as the CPU itself.

your statement is retarded... i'm sorry and quick path not fast.. wtf are you talking about.. mine runs 6.4 ghz all day??

and whats wrong with 1.65 memory limit? ... and that rumor is not true.. plenty of people running 1.8v ram for months now... and still no problems...

anywho.. the new jedec is 1.55-1.65v.. for 1600 mhz.. WHICH IS DANG good....

old ddr 3 needed 1.7 or more volts for that..

and lol.. sli+intel= better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom