Hello AMD Socket G34

Status
Not open for further replies.
apok.. lol i didnt even notice he typed that in!!

each core runs at 3.0ghz wildside... they just don't effectively work as 24ghz...

each task that each core is running will be operated at 3.0ghz per task

It will be interesting to see how these compare to Westmere which will be 32nm and have 6 cores.

Westmere will be out on late 2009, not 2010

For servers I believe that there are going to be Westmere with more than 8 cores, because Intel is going to release 8 cores based on 45nm Nehalem for servers.

Remember that Socket G34 is a server socket as well.

Server CPUs are not a problem, actually, as long as it doesn't require funky RAM. The Opterons are servers CPUs. ;)

awesome! But aint quad-cores enough? Geez. 8 n 12 cores, wouldnt that mean if i played a game that only utilized 2 cores, the game will actually go slower as more cores r added? Think about it.

if an 8-core AMD processor was listed as say 3.0GHz? Then each core would have to be 500MHz each. When i play an old game that can only use 2 cores, i will only be using 1GHz of my 8-core processor lol! Wow!

a 45nm Phenom high-end is all i really need.

um the chips frequency isnt added up in cores lol there is no way i have like 800mghz cores, each core is the full speed of the chip so you will have 8 3.0ghz cores.

edit: probably so drizt.

Westmere will be out on late 2009, not 2010

For servers I believe that there are going to be Westmere with more than 8 cores, because Intel is going to release 8 cores based on 45nm Nehalem for servers.

Remember that Socket G34 is a server socket as well.

So are Opteron's and the Xeons, and I see people use them for gaming too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom