HD 5870 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
apparently it was reviewed in italian, so the link should lead you to the english translation. but it is tom's hardware and ive seen that some members here feel that they arent quite spot on with their results sometimes, so.....yea. go nuts :D
Google Translate

edit (guru3d):
Radeon HD 5870 review

plus its on the egg! get em while theyre hot.
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100281SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

....beastly cards o_O

At first I was thinking it wasnt that powerful really, but thinking about it a little more its a good 35-40% faster than the 4870. The 5870x2 will be a monster, my overseas holiday seems to have some serious competition...

Although this is a very impressive card, especially for the price, I am a little disappointed. Rumors had my hopes set higher for this card. I heard many times that it would beat out the gtx295 but it didn't. And I'm talking straight performance here I don't want somebody to start arguing with me about price/performance ratios. I'm not looking for an argument, just saying I had higher hopes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what nvidia brings to the table now. I heard (more rumors, who knows if they're true) that nvidia had a huge fail when they sent a batch of a few hundred cards for trial testing or some sort of testing and only 14 of them passed. Not a good sign if that's true. Lets hope for better. Like always, I will wait until both cards are released and see which is more to my liking and then make a purchase :)

Although this is a very impressive card, especially for the price, I am a little disappointed. Rumors had my hopes set higher for this card. I heard many times that it would beat out the gtx295 but it didn't. And I'm talking straight performance here I don't want somebody to start arguing with me about price/performance ratios. I'm not looking for an argument, just saying I had higher hopes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what nvidia brings to the table now. I heard (more rumors, who knows if they're true) that nvidia had a huge fail when they sent a batch of a few hundred cards for trial testing or some sort of testing and only 14 of them passed. Not a good sign if that's true. Lets hope for better. Like always, I will wait until both cards are released and see which is more to my liking and then make a purchase :)

Buuutt, they say themselves in the Guru3D review that they were using Beta drivers. These are the very first reviews, so the real performance will be a bit better when optimized drivers come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom