gtx 350! gddr5 intro for nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the standard "OMG THE NEW GPU IS GOING TO DESTROY EVERYTHING BEFORE IT" FUD that we get every 5-6 months. They are having HUGE issues with the 40nm process, both amd and nvidia. The odd of a new card coming out this year are probably slim to none.

Where did you hear that? ATI and Nvidia don't actually make the chips. TSMC does that, so if what you are saying is right then TSMC is having trouble with 40nm which is bad for the industry, because aside from Intel, IBM and a few others they make chips for everybody.

It seems plausible that TSMC is having trouble with 40nm, after all the HD 4770 has all but disappeared form retailers and it is the only card currently using that manufacturing process.

The only company that would benefit from TSMC having trouble with 40nm is Intel since they would manufacture larrabee in house.

Yeah....but I didn't see any sources listed or quotes from anyone at TSMC. For all we know some kid in Japan wrote what sounded good. ;)

Good point, but the lack of 4770s does give credence to the idea. It is also possible that it is an issue with the gpu and not the manufacturing process. I don't think we can know for sure. At this time I am going to conclude that there may be an issue with 40nm. If so then this should create issues in July. If the issues do not arise then, then I think its safe to assume that either ATI mucked up the 4770 design somehow, or they underestimated the demand and didn't order enough to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom