GTX 285 and GTX 295: Final Specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics and benchmarks of it are already out.

http://en.expreview.com/2008/12/16/geforce-gtx295-and-hd4870-x2-who-is-better.html#more-1646

Its a dual gpu card, the mem bandwidth is lowered to allow the card to run cooler.

Check your link Rican. It gave me a 404.

That makes sense about heat. But it is more complex in just about every other way than the GTX285 so from where I'm sitting it looks like lower bandwidth could hurt it. It has more memory and can push more pixels. I would want a bigger pipe. But maybe I am worrying about a non issue.

[VR-Zone/Plaza.fi] GTX 295 - Nvidia Review & Pricing ($499) - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

GTX 295 will cost only $499, thats only $10 more than the cheapest HD4870 X2 at newegg

It should perform better and consume less power than HD4870 X2. Though we will see that when it comes out.

Check your link Rican. It gave me a 404..

I'm getting the same error but you can check the benchamrks from here

GeForce GTX 295 benchmarks out - VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle Forum!

But it is more complex in just about every other way than the GTX285 so from where I'm sitting it looks like lower bandwidth could hurt it.

Each GPU has memory bandwidth of 112 GB/s, so if you add them toghether you would get higher bandwidth than GTX 285

Ste said:
Far As I know there is no fan controller in CCC.

I myself use ExperTool.
My cooler uses a 120mm case fan that is zip-tied to it. It is plugged directly into the mobo, so it runs full speed... no need for a controller. ;)

My cooler uses a 120mm case fan that is zip-tied to it. It is plugged directly into the mobo, so it runs full speed... no need for a controller. ;)

Same here. A Scythe Slipstream.

What is the source of those benchmarks btw? They OP didn't list it and a lot of people on VR-Zone were asking just that. The water mark is in kanji so it's either Japanese or Chinese. Why would they get benchmarks on an American product before we do? I can't read the name, I only recognize one of the kanji, and assuming its Japanese it means inside. lol.

how do i access the fan controller in CCC for my ATI card instead of using Rivatuner?

CCC 2.11 allows me full fan control.

fancontrolce0.png

Same here. A Scythe Slipstream.

What is the source of those benchmarks btw? They OP didn't list it and a lot of people on VR-Zone were asking just that. The water mark is in kanji so it's either Japanese or Chinese. Why would they get benchmarks on an American product before we do? I can't read the name, I only recognize one of the kanji, and assuming its Japanese it means inside. lol.

Try this out for bench marks.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Video Card Preview - Hardware Canucks

1 of the only few sites that i trust for any thing.

Looks like a kick *** card :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom