GTX 280 GPU-Z and pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't be overpriced, so long as they are at least 20% better than the 4870 X2.

So wait, if they are more powerful the then NV700 then that will result in them not being overpriced?

I was thinking the exact opposite.. as long as the GT200 is far more powerful then what AMD has to offer, they will overprice the thing like crazy.

The card is still under NDA until the 17th, thus you wont see anything but "leaks" until then. And word is, the card will be 650 :(

So wait, if they are more powerful the then NV700 then that will result in them not being overpriced?

I was thinking the exact opposite.. as long as the GT200 is far more powerful then what AMD has to offer, they will overprice the thing like crazy.

Hes saying that because it's already more expensive than the ati counterpart. 450 and 600$ gtx 260 and 280. (more than likely)

Hes pretty much saying it has to perform at Least 20% better in order to justify the extra cost over ati.

A lot of people think you can't justify it costing that much more even if it was 20% faster. I myself don't care much about price for performance, I can just save an extra week or two and buy it. what I personally want, is a good performance increase over what I already have, reguardless of cost (unless its insane 800-1000$, thats just overkill).

Frankly I hope it beats the 4870 by a good margin for 1 reason. 'Cause it'd suck if when I buy a new motherboard for SLI, the 4870 come out better. Since I already have a crossfire board lol.
I guess that won't be an issue if they release the benchmarks soon, then I can see the performance differences before I buy the new board and decide if i want to just sell the step-up and crossfire. I just don't want to wait too long and end up not being able to get that 750i ftw lol. I've waited too long and missed out on a few things here and there, sucks. Especially considering it looks like the only viable SLI board option atm.

Someone already sumed it up, but I was saying we always compare the higher priced product to the lower priced one, and in order for the price of the more expensive product to be warranted, it would need to be that much better than its direct competitor.

The card is still under NDA until the 17th, thus you wont see anything but "leaks" until then. And word is, the card will be 650 :(

650? Then it will need to be at least 30% better than the 4870 X2. :p

Man I have so much anticipation for these chips. Now it seems with each bit of news that I hear about the chips, seem to tell me that:

1) I will not be able to afford a GT200 atm
2) The ATI chips are not going to be nearly as powerful as the competition
3) I will be stuck with the weaker ATI p.o.s. because

I never like getting the weaker choice in the pc world. :D

ATI's POS?

If such were the case noone would buy any of thier products, true reviews and benchmarks may yet prove the GTX280 is not worth it's price tag.

Save your judgement till after they are released and heavily reviewed.

ATI's POS?

If such were the case noone would buy any of thier products, true reviews and benchmarks may yet prove the GTX280 is not worth it's price tag.

Save your judgement till after they are released and heavily reviewed.

No no no.. I really didn't mean it that way ;)

(should have used different wording) :p

ATI is good and all, offering price/performance with these new chips. At least thats what everyone has been hearing... But it just kind of bothers me that I don't have the money to get the better of the two. (performance wise)

Noone said you had to buy either card upon release, the amount of reviews needed to make a decision should allow anyone to save up enough money to purchase the best per dollar spent.

Noone said you had to buy either card upon release, the amount of reviews needed to make a decision should allow anyone to save up enough money to purchase the best per dollar spent.

Well I broke my 8800gt so I have no choice.. I'm going to be buying the best gpu for around $300. All I'm saying is that it errks me to know that I won't have the money to buy a GT200.

Everything is pointing towards ATI being the best bang-for-buck and Nvidia offering the more expensive, but moderately better graphics card. (at least thats how it looks to me)

Well the GTX280 isn't as much of a power sucker as I had anticipated, but its still one

But for these to be effective, it has to be 30% better than the HD 4870X2 in performance, otherwise there's no point since the HD 4870X2 will be cheaper, will the GTX260 look the same also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom