GTX 280 folds three times faster than Radeon HD 3870

Status
Not open for further replies.
last i heard they were developing a nvidia gpu folding client, but to my knowledge, and i've been creeping around the internets all morning, it hasn't been released at all.

Also, I think the ATI GPU2 clients (R600/RV670) aren't optimised yet, and only use about 40-60% of the GPU power
and I think they use more CPU power than they should, which does bottleneck the cards. Or at least that's what I read.

It's not that I think more folding power is a bad thing... but the data I think is questionable....

Also, I think the ATI GPU2 clients (R600/RV670) aren't optimised yet, and only use about 40-60% of the GPU power
and I think they use more CPU power than they should, which does bottleneck the cards. Or at least that's what I read.

It's not that I think more folding power is a bad thing... but the data I think is questionable....
Rumors are almost always questionable.. but this one.. :freak:

...announced... finally coming... will be...

Announcements don't mean squat. Anyone can whip up some media coverage with an announcement. until the client is released it is just vaporware.

I hope Nvidia finally does get into Folding, and not just with their newest cards. It was stupid of them to ignore it for so long. And, honestly, I don't care if it folds 3 times, five times, or ten times faster, as long as it Folds... because that is what should really matter.

Wait if you disabled SLI or Crossfire for GPU Client Folding and run two instances of GPU Folding could you do like get double the WU's in a certain time or would you be able to get the same results with Crossfire/SLI mode on

Good question. I doubt you could run it in SLI/Crossfire. I think the ATI client can run on multiple GPUs, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom