GTX 260 and 280!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
both clocks are slower then the 9800gtx, i know that probably doesn't mean much. But it just doesn't seem like they will be to much of an increase of performance. Even the 9800gtx doesn't have much of a gain over the 8800gts

i'm sure it had double the shaders and TMU's... 1 gtx280 will be a good margin better than a 9800gx2

structure is where its at.. not always the core clocks.. have we not learned this from core 2 duo's!? and long ago the amd athlon 64 line up

and the 1gb memory over 512 is another gain, but will that even be used?

ya, im' 100 percent new games will... crysis at high res is a must.. and with newer real time strategy games.. maps getting bigger.. and details becoming much more fine... the memory will definitely be a nice addition

GTX 280 have 512-bit bus and 32 ROP's

In comparison, G92 have 256-bit, and only 16 ROP

So, yes the GTX 280 will be able to use 1GB of memory, because it have double the memory bandwidth, and double the ROP

Same nos XD i'mma get one for nearly nothin after stepping from the gx2. Then I'll just grab another one and a new mobo ^_^.

I know its too soon and noone knows, but you think these will run any cooler than the gx2, being a single GPU card?
Figure I'll probably have to make another loop for em, but if they aren't super furnaces I might be able to hold off till I at least finish paying for cpu and new mobo lol.

Y'all still reccomending that 750i FTW? Should I grab one while I still can or is there no rush for em?

I'll hopefully have some solid information for you guys next week, or early thereafter. Manufacturers come to visit my distributor, and I'll hopefully be able to have some answers for ya. :)

I'll also have these on launch day...

the price for high end cards on launch has always been 600 dollars... and always will be... the 8800gtx debuted at 600... the 8800ultra came out at 600.... the 7950gx2 came out around 600... and so did the 1gb 2900xt's...

and lets not forget the 512mb 7800gtx... wowie.. those were anywhere from 500-1000 dollars to get a hold of

its always been this way... and always will be
It won't be for ATI's RV770 cards
both clocks are slower then the 9800gtx, i know that probably doesn't mean much. But it just doesn't seem like they will be to much of an increase of performance. Even the 9800gtx doesn't have much of a gain over the 8800gts
9800 GTX uses the same GPU as the 8800 GTS 512MB and 8800 GT's
the GTX 260 and 280 cards will have newer GPU's with more shaders, TMU's, and higher memory bandwidth
GTX 280 have 512-bit bus and 32 ROP's

In comparison, G92 have 256-bit, and only 16 ROP

So, yes the GTX 280 will be able to use 1GB of memory, because it have double the memory bandwidth, and double the ROP
1GB memory can be done on a 256-bit bus
the 4870 has a 256-bit bus, and will have a 1GB variant
I think they're mostly getting higher memory bandwidth from using GDDR5, rather than increasing the memory bus to 512-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom