GT200 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like AMD but I always show how AMD is worse than Intel based on benchmarks, and reviews.
The thing is, they're not always.
I mean K8 processors were definitely ahead of Netburst chips, and so were Athlon's and Athlon XP's XP's against Pentium 3's then early netburst chips.

Core 2's are faster per clock than K8 processors, but Phenom has really closed the gap, and sometimes it is faster (which happens more when they're clocked over 3GHZ, especially in games)

Even if Core 2's overall do bench faster, one can't say that the Phenom processors are slow.
It's kinda like saying the Renault F1 cars are slow when Ferrari's are winning, or something.
Even the slowest F1 cars are far from slow. They'd beat the crap out of the 1300cc Mazda Metro I drive (sometimes called Demio in other countries)

Anyway, I don't understand why you don't like AMD, maroon1. They're not a bad company, and they do have a history of making competitive processors, even if they aren't always in the lead.

The reason I don't like Intel, is not because of their processors. It's because of their business ethics.

... The reason I don't like Intel, is not because of their processors. It's because of their business ethics.
That should be the only reason why a person should not like a company, and not because they own the other companies product. (fanboyism) :p

Sadly, thats far from reality.

Sadly, if AMD had the money to throw around like intel does, they'd have the same business ethics. Expecting ANY company not to bend you over every chance they get is unrealistic.

Heh, i'm already 2500 bucks in debt to my mom's money market account due to the whole "not getting paid for 3 weeks" from switching from being a temp to full time. Looks like its not going to get paid back as soon as i hoped :p

At least i'm still paying her more interested than the bank is.

Sadly, if AMD had the money to throw around like intel does, they'd have the same business ethics. Expecting ANY company not to bend you over every chance they get is unrealistic.

Very true, its called capitalism, and anyone who thinks otherwise is I'm afraid sadly deluded. A company is an amoral device to make money and all conciderations (except the law) get swept aside in persuit of a better bottom line. If a company seems to have consumer friendly ethics then its either because the law makes them do it or because they need to do it strategically because of the marketplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom