GT200 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the 4870 still $245 or less?

Word is the 4870 will be 450ish. Also, the 4850 only has gddr3 and will be hardlaunched, the 4870 with gddr5 is only going to be a paper launch. Most likely because they cant get enough gddr5 to support decent amounts of cards. This is also one of the reasons Nvidia stuck with ddr3 because the availability of ddr5 just isnt there yet.

ATI has that 3dmark06 game under wraps. Now if they could make their cards work well with real games ><

Ok, so then let's just dismiss everything he says as rubbish.

Oh wait, I know someone else who shows the same negative bias if not more excessive views on ATI...and since the dawn of ATI has not said one good thing about them, in fact gone out of their way to shed them in a bad light on every opportunity.

I guess we should just dismiss everything he says as complete rubbish too.

gurusan,

There is a big difference between lying and making up news, and between telling the truth, and showing a proof/evidence. I'm not asking anyone to trust me, but when I say something, I show an evidence or proof most of the time. You can trust the proof that I show, if you want.

Charlie Demerjian claimed in his article that R600 should annihilate G80 in DX10, yet he didn't post any proof thats support his claim. Actually, he was lying because most of the benchmarks thats I saw shows the complete opposite.

I don't like AMD but I always show how AMD is worse than Intel based on benchmarks, and reviews. So, this doesn't mean thats what I say is not true. Actually, I don't want any one to trust me blindly. Just look at benchmarks that I post and you would see that what I say is true. I'm promoting Nvidia/Intel products (And there are others who promote AMD products) , so of course I'm not neutral but thats doesn't mean that I want I say about Intel/Nvidia is not true

The difference between Charlie Demerjian and me is that Charlie Demerjian is a journalist. He supposed to make neutral and unbiased news. Yet he is not only biased, he is making up news.

Every article will have some sort of bias, no matter who writes it. Every person will have some preference, no matter what they say. Any benchmark can show whatever the person running it wants to show. Pure and simple.

I have run Nvidia, and I have run ATI, and both get the job done. I pull for AMD/ATI because I like the underdog and despise the way Intel does business, but I can see that Intel's current chips are faster. Again pure and simple.

So... before everyone gets their panties in a wad, chill. the good thing is that the AMD/ATI merger ripples seem to have smoothed out, and the GFX battleground looks to be heating up once again. This means better innovations, better performance, and better prices to be had on the last set of new gen cards for those of us who can't afford the current crop.

Well given that these are expensive parts I think the only thing that's going to matter (to me) is the price performance ratio.
I hope ATI have a viable option for me because I'm getting a xfire mobo and I'm running two monitors, but if the figures pull heavily in favour of nvidia then I'll go GT200.

As for the Inq and Charlie D, yes they're biased, and yes their journalism is less than serious. They always give favour to the underdog, which I don't mind so much because without AMD/ATI we're sunk. Even so there is still often valid points or bits of news to be derived from their articles - but I would take anything they say with a pinch of salt, its mostly speculation, hence the thread title.

I secretly root for nvidia because ATI doesnt have any good vendors for their cards. Visiontek is the only company that i know of that offers a lifetime warranty on the cards, and i dont know if they care about overclocking or changing cooling methods. At least with nvidia cards we have xfx and evga who both have awesome warranties and customer service and allow us to do what we want with the cards as long as we dont physically damage the card due to incompetence.

that being said, there are a lot of supposed journalists out there who really need to stop being 1 sided. I think alot of them are in it just for the money (site hits) instead of teh love of the game like those of us who have REAL jobs instead of just being a "blogger". Speaking of which, i nominate "blogger" for this decades' doochey award. Get a real job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom