GT 300 Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will never be worth it for nvidia to make a 295 then sell it for $100. Because by the time that theoretically WOULD happen, many more powerful cards will have been released. These cards will have pushed down the value of the cards below them. Allow me to graph something for you.
graphlol.png

before the 295 hits $100 there will have been a new card released which is better than it which will have been priced down over time too. But it will reach $100 before the 295 and therefore the 295 will be useless.

edit: man, I've confused even myself with that lol.

295 will never be useless, i heard it can handle dos very well!
and perhaps a few nice 2D games. diablo rings a bell!!

It will never be worth it for nvidia to make a 295 then sell it for $100. Because by the time that theoretically WOULD happen, many more powerful cards will have been released. These cards will have pushed down the value of the cards below them. Allow me to graph something for you.
graphlol.png

before the 295 hits $100 there will have been a new card released which is better than it which will have been priced down over time too. But it will reach $100 before the 295 and therefore the 295 will be useless.

edit: man, I've confused even myself with that lol.

285 man. I know they will discontinue the 295 cause it is a dual gpu card.

It makes me wonder what the games will be like that take advantage of the power of these new cards and why we would need to have the latest card. As of right now I am reasonably content with my gaming setup. I think I might just hold out until the mid range dx11 cards come out. Does anyone know when that might be?

I'm not in a rush or anything since I haven't played any really demanding games other than crysis. I mostly play battlefield heroes.

anything from nvidia coming in the midrage any time soon? I might try one of those cards at some point. Also if a mobo has support for sli and i use ati cards like those can it do them in crossfire.

That's what they claim, I'm not sure we'll see anything new from Nvidia this year. ATI is already coming out with the 5970 in just several weeks which I reckon will be cheaper than what Nvidia are to come out with months later, and most likely faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom