GeForce GTX 480 Spy Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure they are covering up the numbers that are printed just above the slot. The same thing goes for covering the plugs... they have designations on them, too.

didn't know that...pretty interesting. But are those numbers able to give away some key clue that would give out specs? I just can't see that happening lol

The manufacture date, the generation of the card/chip, stuff like that.

In other words, it could be an old proof-of-concept card or a prototype or even a flunked attempt. The site had to break NDA to publish the pics, but at least they covered their butts by blotting out the info.

An 8-pin and a 6-pin - not as bad as I was expecting. Assuming this is remotely real, of course.

An 8-pin and a 6-pin - not as bad as I was expecting. Assuming this is remotely real, of course.

An 8 pin and 6 pin is the maximum amount of connectors you would need for a <300w card, the maximum power consumption allowed by the ATX specs.

A couple of ATI partners have released 5970's with more power connectors but it's unlikely either company would do that for a reference card.

There's a group of 4 pins and a group of 3 pins sticking out where the power sockets will connect. Dunno what else could go there but an 8pin and a 6pin :p

I believe the assumption kmote was referring to is whether it was a real pic of a real card.
:)

^on re-reading the post...yeah. I'm tired lol, my attention span only lasted through half of Yami's post :p
Just finished my second can of mother mixed with red bull, it ain't helping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom