Game Booster, just like AMD Fusion for Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't used it. I'm surprised to see you guys reporting that it helps ha, not a bad idea.

This is something I could see coming out a couple years ago. It seems like nowadays with 4GB of RAM, multi core cpus, and how our video cards perform, it wouldn't be as helpfull or needed. Does it do anything you can't just turn off yourself?

yes i dont see people with a quad core and 6gb of ram really needing it.
to whoever that was that mentioned it turning off your AV or security programs...you need to have them set up to notify you if they are being breached or another program is trying to control/turn it off.

ya, too bad my pc all ready plays every thing i have maxed out. like surge said it's more geard to the lower end of the spectrum. i tried it and it didnt do any thing for me.

Useful for benchmarks I think.

I just did a little quick and dirty test with superpi.

With E7200 @ 3.84ghz, 4GB OCZ @ 1152mhz 5,5,5,15, and Win7 build 7077

Normal mode:

Gaming mode:

So does anyone have any FPS increases? Numbers are always nice. I'll report back with my COH test.

EDIT. No real performance boost.

CoH test I throw the res to 8x6 and graphics to max. I usually hit a max of 600fps. Average of 249 and a minimum of 99. I didn't see any deviation from this.

helped me me Crysis Warhead a lil bit

as inmy benchs were:
Normal: 26.67 FPS
"Gamer": 28.73 FPS

not bad considering it is free :rolleyes:

mainly cause my x2 5600+ is already bogged down with Vista and at stock speeds before I'm even playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom