Galaxy Working On Dual-GPU Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
More details (and pics) on GALAXY's dual-GPU GTS 250 :: TweakTown

A short while back we learned of a highly unique GTS 250 graphics card from NVIDIA partner GALAXY in that it carries two GTS 250 GPUs onboard. The information that our VGA reviewer Shane acquired was somewhat limited at that time, but he's now learned a lot more about it along with having confirmation that GALAXY does in fact intend to mass produce this model.

35n3gug.jpg

2qlwi2g.jpg

As you can see from the fresh pictures above which reveals the type of cooling setup used, due to its design it looks like it'll take up three slots in your case, but will ensure there are no problems with its out of box overclock at 675MHz on the core and 1696MHz shader.

With the GTX 285 having reached EOL, the GTS 250 GPU is currently the fastest desktop GPU NVIDIA has in its lineup (until Fermi arrives) and GALAXY have done everything they can to make the most out of the model, not only stopping at making it a dual-GPU setup.

Shane has also acquired some screenshots of the card in action, revealing its performance characteristics through the use of Futuremark's 3DMark Vantage and 3DMark06.

Enlarged Image :: TweakTown

Enlarged Image :: TweakTown

Looking at the results here, it appears the card performs slightly better than a singular GTX 280 card and depending on what pricing GALAXY will release it with, it should attract a lot of interest at launch I am sure.

NEWS SOURCE

I'm sorry, but that looks so ghetto as to be ridiculous. Unless it is dirt cheap I can see no real reason to ever consider buying one.

Folding could be one reason... although it takes up 3 slots... talk about waste of space...

Does look ghetto though

Doesnt look too bad...would look better if there was a shroud around the three fans.

Amd wtf is that extra cooler with three fans on it at the bottom? looks like it may be optional to use that part.

hm, what do you mean? the 3 fans are part of the cooler. looks like they need to be directly powered from the psu with that molex there but atleast they provide a fan controller.

I'm sorry, but that looks so ghetto as to be ridiculous. Unless it is dirt cheap I can see no real reason to ever consider buying one.

i agree. The only thing i would be interested in is the folding capabilities, but even then, 3 slots?

^well, now that i think about it, 2 gts250's would take up 4 slots, this actually takes up one less. But still, what kinda of a dual gpu card uses three slots lol. It just all sounds Jerry rigged up.

yeah, but most pci-e slots ared space like

pcie
something
pcie
something

so there is really no difference (with how many gpu's you can run) between the dual gpu card using 3, or two single gpu cards using 4

yeah, but most pci-e slots ared space like

pcie
something
pcie
something

so there is really no difference (with how many gpu's you can run) between the dual gpu card using 3, or two single gpu cards using 4

true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom