Free Windows 10 upgrade

Saw that over lunch - pretty sweet.

I have several Win7/Win8 licenses I can get upgrades for then :D.

I may hit you up for one of them eventually. Gonna have to wait and see how things go for Win10 first.

Would you have to do an upgrade? or would you be able to use your Win7/8 license on a fresh install
Upgrade is a no no for me...

Yeah Win10 isn't sub based. Free upgrades and you get to keep the license for all 7/8 users.
Their main reason? Windows 7 doesn't have the Windows App Store and it would look weird to just give Windows 7 users free Win10 and leave Win8 users in the dust :tongue:

Definitely doing this on my desktop at home. Running windows 7 now. Been using Windows 10 in the tech release on a VM and it's been great.

Cool ! but lets take a moment to remember the fact Apple has done this for years ;) Microsoft copying Apple..tut tut.

Although admittedly it's a bit different. OS X is nothing to Apple w/r to revenue. They probably made it free because it's easier to do that than charging for it. Whereas for Microsoft it is one of their major revenue generators. It's kind of like Apple saying here, have a free iPod.

Cool ! but lets take a moment to remember the fact Apple has done this for years ;) Microsoft copying Apple..tut tut.

Errrr so if we want to say that... Linux distros have been doing it since their inception. Everyone just copies *nix. Even the app stores! First Apple, now Microsoft.

*nix did it all first :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom