Foxconn X58 Flaming Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
Over the course of the last year, Foxconn's channel division emerged as a mature, seasoned and determined player in the high-end PC motherboard industry. For Intel's new Core i7 platform, Foxconn started off with an enthusiast-grade motherboard called the X58 Blood Rage, and a premium X58 Renaissance model. Over time, the X58 Blood Rage became a series of motherboards based on the scaling-down of its feature-set. The first variant to emerge out of it was the Blood Rage GTI, and now a newer "value" offering: the Blood Rage Flaming Blade.

Pictured by Japanese AKIBA PC Hotline, the Flaming Blade shows a distinct scaling-down of Blood Rage's feature-set, beyond that of the GTI variant, with a remodeled PCB, rearranged components and colour-theme. To begin with the CPU is powered by standard ferrite-core chokes as against the PWM circuitry on the original Blood Rage, and the semi-digital circuitry on the GTI variant. A standard 6-phase circuit is employed. The board continues having three DDR3 DIMM slots. Memory is powered by a two-phase circuit. Instead of four PCI-Express x16 connectors on the other variants, Flaming Blade makes do with only two, with a PCI-E x4 slot added to the mix. There is a notable amount of changes with the placement of connectors and headers. The board reduces the use of red in colour-coding the connectors and slots. The SONAR X-Fi sound card gets replaced by onboard audio, while the rest of the back-panel remains the same in terms of connectors. According to the source, Foxconn is looking to target the US $200~$220 price range with the Flaming Blade. For reference, the third picture below is that of the original Blood Rage.

Yea, I'm now impressed by their boards. They used to be just a crummy piece of silicon, but are stepping up to the plate now.

A lot of companies are doing that lately...I remember back when Biostar and Gigabyte boards were utter crap, now they make some of the best stuff out there. It's really interesting to see these companies pull their heads out of their collective rears and actually start making good stuff, haha.

IMO most companys are just staying with the reference design for a lotta things so yea... Or atleast that is what it appears to be most of the time for me, similar PCB just different chips and caps and so on...

Well its a good thing since Foxconn produces most of the reference boards for intel. Alot of manufacturers knew that Foxconn producing their own mobo's would end up being stiff comp because of the fact that it's Foxconn. They are not an OEM they actually make the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom