Fermi Shipments till April and Pricing Reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Fermi Shipments till April and Pricing Reported

DigiTimes, citing sources from graphics card manufacturers, say that lack of complete reference board designs will keep second tier board makers from mass shipping Fermi based cards until April. The article also mentions pricing with the GTX 480 at $679.99 and GTX 470 at $499.99, which is in line with what we saw earlier this week.

The sources expect Nvidia will give supply priority to first-tier makers or makers that only produce Nvidia cards. Listings offering cards from XFX and PNY with GTX 480 models priced at around US$679.99 and GTX 470 at about US$499.99 were briefly available at some online retailers, but have since been taken down. PNY contacted Digitimes to stress that it is not offering pre-orders for Fermi cards at this time, which implies that the listings were the result of miscommunication in the company's channel.

Fail @ prices more like it.

EDIT: Seriously though, a top branded 5870 (XFX) costs $399. The GTX470 is $100 more and will most likely be inferior.
The GTX480 is almost $270 more than a 5870 and will most likely edge it out by not a very large amount. Thats what i predict.

BOLD STATEMENT TIME

The GTX480 will need to beat the HD5970 which is in exactly the same price bracket, which will 100% NOT HAPPEN.

Not good for a company half a year late to the party.

Ladies and gentlemen. The winner is ATI.

Lol, the price of the gtx 285 still probably won't move much. It hasn't even budged since it was released.

I'm a total nvidia fanboy when it comes down to it but this is just complete ignorance. A half year late, cost $200 more, and only the SAME performance or maybe not even that? WOW nvidia..what are you thinking?

I just don't see why it's that much....if it beat the ati card by like 25-50% yea, I could see it being a bit higher..but $200+ when it's about the same level..and a half year later? ....

just ridiculous

All they're gonna get is fanboy sales and alienware/other over priced manufacturers. There's going to be no point in buying a 480, or 470, if they don't do eyefinity, and don't even out-perform the 5870 or 5970.

wtf, the price is suppose to be $679.99?
so the pre-order i placed earlier this week wasn't really $20 off?
141px-sarcasm_mark_svg.png

and only the SAME performance or maybe not even that?

I haven't seen any actual performance numbers yet so that is just more speculation.

However, if the performance just doesn't match up with the price I will be buying the 5870. I just hope ATI continues with the Driver Support, as they like to go all out to start with and then they always seem to slowly stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom