Fermi gets cut back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia Fermi: GF100 coming to CES - Nvidia, Fermi, Tesla, GPU, Cores, - PC Games Hardware

NVIDIA Will Be Showing GF100 Fermi Video Cards During CES 2010 - Legit Reviews

According to the latest rumors the latest rumors Nvidia will launch the long expected DirectX 11 graphics card GF100 Fermi in March. Now it has been revealed that a sneak peek of the new card will be given at the CES 2010 in Las Vegas. Just recently the appropriate announcement was published on Nvidia's Facebook site.

Happy New Year to all GeForce Fans!!! Oh, and there will be a sneak peek of GF100 at our booth at CES in Las Vegas next week. Stop by and say hi!

What exactly will be on display at the trade show has not been revealed of course. Some time ago there had already been pictures of two Fermi cards running in an SLI setup.

I wonder if it will be a real card, a GTX xxx mocked up to look like it, or the fake one Nvidia's idiot boss was waving around last time...

I wonder how much of a beast they will be for folding..
seeing that gtx275's already get close to 10k ppd on a little overclock, i would assume these would put out some huge numbers.

imagine a bunch of fermi cards with that evga dual socket board (if it actually comes out)...

folders DREAM

^ It's going to everything but the first one you said.
lol

Yeah after that last fiasco where Nvidia showed fake cards, I seriously hope they've learned their lesson. I honestly don't know what to think of these new cards. Sounds a lot like the GTX 280 when it was released. Huge, pricey and risky. But in the end it seemed to work out well for them.

However, I really don't think Fermi is going to help Nvidia in the long-term because these don't look like efficient cards. I don't think they will scale down nicely. Seems Nvidia will take the enthusiast crowd by storm (which doesn't really matter all that much) and ATI will keep the crown in the mid-ranged and budget crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom