EVGA's Custom Cases for SR-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
EVGA SR-2 Motherboard Gets A Custom PC Case - EVGA SR-2 Motherboard Case - Legit Reviews

case 1

The Blue SR-2 Case
evga_sr2_case_blue.jpg

We had a chance to stop by and meet with EVGA at Computex 2010 and found that they are showing off their first ever PC case! The case doesn't have a name yet, but it has been developed to properly enclose their massive $599.99 EVGA Classified Super Record 2 (SR-2) motherboard. Pictured above is one of the original case prototypes that featured blue trim on the inside and one of the numerous drive cage mounting systems that EVGA is trying out.

evga_sr2_case_inside.jpg

The inside of the EVGA case has a decent sized cutout for heatsink mounting brackets and a rather thick Delta 120mm fan on the back of the case to help expel hot air out of the chassis. Notice that this case has 10 PCI slots on it, which is amazing as just a few years ago most cases only had six.

evga_sr2_case_back.jpg

Here you can get a better look at how thick the delta fan is and the four grommets that are used to route water cooling lines in and out of the case. The power supply in this case is mounted at the bottom.

evga_sr2_case_top.jpg

The entire top of this case was mesh, but had bars going across the top. Not what you want to have going across the top if you plan on mounting a larger 360mm radiator up top.

case 2

evga_sr2_case_big.jpg

Here is a picture of the other case that they had on display for the SR-2 motherboard. As you can see this enclosure has a top mounted power supply and a different internal arrangement. Let's start off by taking a closer look at this model that is fully configured with a system inside. We asked EVGA what we should call the cases and they really didn't know and said just Prototype 1 and Prototype 2 for now.

evga_sr2_case.jpg

This prototype has a much higher end look and feel to it. We asked EVGA the pricing on this model and they were saying that it might be around the $300 price range as it would be a high-end enthusiast overclocking PC case. The front bezel has a very clean and modern look to it. EVGA said that this chassis is basically a Cooler Master 840 ATCS case frame and internals with some enhancements done by EVGA.

evga_sr2_case_side.jpg

EVGA was using their own 1200W power supply to power this system that was running an NVIDIA Quad-SLI setup on four EVGA GeForce GTX 480 cards on the SR-2 motherboard. They were running Furmark looped with all the cards at 100% to show that their own power supply was one of the few that can handle a configuration like this one.

intel_xeon.jpg

yea i don't like that number either lol.

i would like the first one more if it didn't have all the blue in it, i think it just kills the overall sleek look of it.

They both look great, the first is very lian-li and the ATCS is a really nice case as well. You guys need to look past the colour of the plastic for the moment as I'm sure that it will not carry through to retail units (although I actually like it).

Having said that, I would rather cook and serve my own body parts at a diner party than buy either of them.

I wasn't talking about the colors to begin with, but they still play a big roll in whether they look good to me. And looks matter to me. Any uglier and I would never have considered buying the Haf 932 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom