EVGA and nVidia's new dual GPU card on Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.J. said:
if ATi released a card that had a rv790 and rv670 gpu on it, was only useful for running Bullet physics, and cost nearly as much as a HD 5870 I would be one of the first people in line to criticize it too
Good point.

Basically, Nvidia is using this card to test the waters. While it is a good idea, it is expensive in the execution and only works for their brand of add-on physics.

I've had enough brand exclusivity to last a lifetime. Between Nvidia, Intel, and Apple I am completely sick of hearing it. Either make something that has to stand on its own merits and that works for everyone, or shut the #$%^ up.

Either make something that has to stand on its own merits and that works for everyone, or shut the #$%^ up.

Amen brother. The good thing is, if a technology doesn't gain widespread adoption in the industry it is very unlikely that it will last. Physx is a good example. It will only work on Nvidia cards and only one good game utilizes it well.

but still if physx does go down the toilet then it's not like this wont be able to do openCL physics, which runs on pretty much anything.

it's a great idea but it's just too overpriced, and it must consume alot of power.

is anyone like newegg going to be getting them ? or just evga selling them directly? Because if they do, it'll probably be cheaper because evga stuff on their website is almost always more expensive.

I don't see what's so bad about it. Yea, few games use PhysX and even fewer use it good. But as someone already said, the price is just $5 more than the cost of the 2 individual cards so if you only have 1 pci-e slot this is a perfect card. It also comes with a coupon for the new batman game ( don't know if it's the game for free, or something like that..i can't read it :()

EVGA | Products

I'm sure mak will like it :p

Looks like it's Arkham Asylum, which was really amazing :).

Even with Physics enabled (I don't have an nVidia card though), I still ran it maxed out on my HD 3850 512MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom