EVGA and nVidia's new dual GPU card on Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price came out last night. $350. US Youre prices are so cheap compared to Canada.

If you have a single pci-e it's still a great setup... I'm sure we'll see the price drop a bit shortly.

Price came out last night. $350. US Youre prices are so cheap compared to Canada.

If you have a single pci-e it's still a great setup... I'm sure we'll see the price drop a bit shortly.

is anyone like newegg going to be getting them ? or just evga selling them directly? Because if they do, it'll probably be cheaper because evga stuff on their website is almost always more expensive.

I don't see what's so bad about it. Yea, few games use PhysX and even fewer use it good. But as someone already said, the price is just $5 more than the cost of the 2 individual cards so if you only have 1 pci-e slot this is a perfect card. It also comes with a coupon for the new batman game ( don't know if it's the game for free, or something like that..i can't read it :()

EVGA | Products

I'm sure mak will like it :p

hmm, well at $350 it does not seem like a worthy investment. if it were like $300 or less then it might be worth something. but you can get a GTX 285 for $350 or a 5850 for less than that.

But who does? The only people who would spend that much on a video card would have mobos with multi pcie slots.

exactly. very good point. right now it's just not worth it. because only like 10 games support physx, and those games dont even use it that much...

No we'd spend less, cause a 9800 or 9600 does the same job, and a lot of people have single pci-e boards.

The singlers have no choice if they want a physix setup.

Yes i know physix ain't the ****, but that doesn't mean this card isn't a smart idea, or not have its uses, and is the same price basically as the 2 separate cards.

The singlers have no choice if they want a physix setup. .

They can always upgrade their motherboard and get a 9600GSO or something similar for physx if it's important to them. A decent lga775 or AM2+ motherboard with 2 pcie slots should cost $110 or so and the boards for any newer socket (lga1156/lga1366) tend to have multiple pcie slots anyways.

this is another time where i'm going to have to say that if ATI done something similar people would be wetting their selves over it :\ Not trying to be an Nvidia fanboy but everything nvidia does everyone hates it no matter what it is....

it's a decent set up for the price...the two cards cost $345..plus you're getting a free game (that uses physx)

sure sure..the point is solid that if they was going to pay $300+ for a video card they would have more than 1 slots on their mobo but some people don't ..so for them this is a good option

It probably isn't a good thing to do at a time like this..but it is a step in the right direction with a good idea

this is another time where i'm going to have to say that if ATI done something similar people would be wetting their selves over it :\ Not trying to be an Nvidia fanboy but everything nvidia does everyone hates it no matter what it is....

That may be true in some cases but if ATi released a card that had a rv790 and rv670 gpu on it, was only useful for running Bullet physics, and cost nearly as much as a HD 5870 I would be one of the first people in line to criticize it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom