EVGA and nVidia's new dual GPU card on Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if its a niche market though. If Physix type aceleration is really going to make a big difference, This is a perfect product for single pci-e mobo.

Too bad only a few games use it, and even then the only one that uses it well is Mirror's Edge. For the price of this you could get a much faster card and a 9500 or something for physx.

Too bad only a few games use it, and even then the only one that uses it well is Mirror's Edge. For the price of this you could get a much faster card and a 9500 or something for physx.

But not if you have a single pci-e board.. Like i said though, great idea if the benifit from physix come main stream.

Also, as i said, could be a test product for future lines.

GPU accelerated physics may become mainstream at some point but it probably won't be PhysX.

The odds of a physics engine, like PhysX, that cannot run on a majority of systems becoming mainstream is pretty low.

This is a stepping stone for the company, you have to start somewhere. Most likely two guys at work one day said "Hey, we got some extra crap laying around... Will it blend? Oh, I mean lets try slapping them together!". Bam, gpu+physx in one.

Expect to see next gen cards sporting this kind of additional hardware soon.

Expect to see next gen cards sporting this kind of additional hardware soon.

It's not like it was hard to make. Internal sli bridges are nothing new, all they did was make a dual gpu card with one gpu slower and slightly tweaked drivers to use the slower one as a physx processor. The price premium they are charging isn't very fair though. You could get the actual cards they used in making it for less.

Whoa..... bis there as price?? I dont think there has been a price yet.. So you cant be saying it's too pricey... cause they hsvent priced it yet...

Its only a guess by the article writer... infact, even the image is made up by the writers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom