EVGA and nVidia's new dual GPU card on Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
http://www.brightsideofnews.com/new...-launch-a-new-dual-gpu-card-on-halloween.aspx

EVGA | Articles | EVGA and NVIDIA - Halloween Launch Event

EVGA and NVIDIA - Halloween Launch Event
EVGA and NVIDIA would like to invite you to a new graphics card launch at the NVIDIA campus in Santa Clara, CA. No it's not based on the new Fermi architecture… we are still finalizing those details, so stay tuned. It's a rocking new graphics card designed by NVIDIA and EVGA to take PhysX to the next level.

Since the launch is on October 30th, we thought what would be more fun than a Halloween Party?

That's right, folks…. Not only will you be able to feast your eyes on a new graphics card, but you'll have a chance to win great prizes in our raffle contest, hobnob with fellow gamers, and try your luck playing Batman: Arkham Asylum on the latest products from EVGA, including a sweet 4–way rig designed for the uber gamer.

The party starts at 7:00 p.m., with food and drinks (non–alcoholic) provided. For those in the festive mood, come dressed up as your favorite Batman character for a chance to win even more prizes. The party is limited to the first 300 participants that RSVP through the online form below. There is no age limit, but those under 16 have to be accompanied by an adult.

basicly a gtx 275 with a gts 250 gpu onboard for physx. this is a mockup of what they think it might look like. curious to see some tests.

Attachments

• EVGA_GeForce_PhysX_Mockup_6.jpg
    EVGA_GeForce_PhysX_Mockup_6.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 168
http://www.brightsideofnews.com/new...-launch-a-new-dual-gpu-card-on-halloween.aspx

EVGA | Articles | EVGA and NVIDIA - Halloween Launch Event

basicly a gtx 275 with a gts 250 gpu onboard for physx. this is a mockup of what they think it might look like. curious to see some tests.

lol it looks like the end of the card ( i'm guessing that's the 250 ) is photoshopped on

EDIT: but it does seem like a good idea to have a lesser card on board with it to do the physics

But with soon-to-be last gen chips. That's my biggest problem with it.They should have brought this out many months ago.

I think they felt the need to feed consumers some popcorn before the big show...especially since the next gen cards were expected earlier than they are debuting (no date).

lol it looks like the end of the card ( i'm guessing that's the 250 ) is photoshopped on

EDIT: but it does seem like a good idea to have a lesser card on board with it to do the physics

oh yea i also noticed that lol. but its just a mock up they made of what they think itll look like.

even though this isnt the best card out there, i am curious to see what kinds of numbers something like this will bring.

Still though, its perfect for people with single pci-es who want physix.. Maybe its the test market for newer 300 series stuff.

If its receptive, then it'll get mass produced in the newer expensive tech.

Ah good good, this wont affect me selling my 285s, because this is a complete and utter gimmick card.

i think that if it reaches the mass production stage, just like the article said, it will probably come with a hefty price tag (est. $350-400+) due to the hefty marketing they will probably use to hype it up. which i guess wouldnt be a surprise since thats what marketing is supposed to do.

i agree with you though patonb, maybe they are testing this to see how far they can get this. maybe they will decide to do something like this with the gt300 cards, where they would put like a second gpu from the gtx series for physx on a single card.

IMO when your competitor is winning at every single price point the last thing a company should do is waste resources on a extremely niche product like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom