EVGA Makes GPU Voltage Tuner Software Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
EVGA today made its GPU Voltage Tuner (GVT) software utility official. The utility allows end-users to control the voltage of the graphics processor, a significant factor when it comes to overclocking, as within safe limits, increasing the GPU voltage facilitates higher maximum GPU core and shader clock speeds. The utility keeps in mind the majority of users that doesn't understand the specifics of voltage control, and its impact on overclocking.

Using a simple slider, the user can set the vGPU voltage from 0.82V to 1.18V and beyond, depending on the accelerator. The resolution of the scale is in milli-Volts, although the resolution of the slider may differ. Initial tests have shown even simple increases in voltages to send the maximum overclock for the core speed by as much as 100 MHz. The initial graphics card support-base includes the GeForce GTX 260, GTX 280 and GTX 295 series accelerators by EVGA. Future releases may expand the support base. The application is available exclusively to registered users of EVGA graphics accelerators, and can be downloaded from here.

Finally!

that's really cool. I have a question though. You can use this to gain more OC'ing headroom..but if you're sticking to stock speeds, would it be possible to lower the voltage to get a cooler running card? If so, would it be good enough of a drop?

generally no because it's like the VID on your cpu. Any less and you risk losing stability so you will probably see blue screens and failures with a lower voltage.

here is the link to anyone that cant find it

EVGA | EVGA GPU Voltage Tuner

edit:

wow they clocked a 295 with a default clock of 576? to 783! using this method

gogo 285 @ 850! (they need a new version that supports the 55nm 285)

but since i still have my 280

heres my stock voltage...

gtx280stockvoltage.jpg

next up, ill try to blast my current best overclock of 702

only works for gtx cards? and do they need to be evga?

yes and yes, you need to be registered with evga too.

my newest overclock that ran 3dmark06
first try, and my last try with my current card.

works great btw.

newovergpu.jpg

an easy 50MHz better than my best overclock without this tool. thanks evga!

yes and yes, you need to be registered with evga too.

my newest overclock that ran 3dmark06
first try, and my last try with my current card.

works great btw.

newovergpu.jpg

an easy 50MHz better than my best overclock without this tool. thanks evga!

im sure it iwll hit guru3d soon and whatnot. to allow us to use it with a gtx of a diferent brand.

Thats pretty cool. I'm pretty sure HIS had its own program a few years back to, but it didn't work so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom