Early Nehalem 2.93Ghz Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
'Nehalem' 2.93 GHz Benches Revealed - Tom's Hardware

No overclocking... I really didn't care about the article unless they put that!

It has a Prototype X58 board preview...

Its 11% faster than a QX6850 Kentsfield at the same speed, but they should have shown matched it to the QX9650 to show how much faster it is than Yorkfield's

I didn't know whether to post this in the Next-Gen Boards or not..

Thats what I thought... but then again, I didn't say anything because Maroon would probably flame me for being wrong.. :)

did anyone notice the voltage on that!?!? .8 something! Thats insane! Can anyone say easy to cool?

Its 11% faster than a QX6850 Kentsfield at the same speed, but they should have shown matched it to the QX9650 to show how much faster it is than Yorkfield's

Thats just in PCMark 05, which is an old benchmark that probably isn't optimized to reflect any advantages the Nehalem could have.

How do you get the conclusion that Nehalem is 11% faster based only on PCMark 05 scores ?

EDIT: Moreover, anandtech had benchmarked Nehalem 2.66GHz in some applications and it seems that there were huge performance improvement over Yorkfield in some of the real world applications tested

AnandTech: The Nehalem Preview: Intel Does It Again

Blah.. I knew I'd get flamed with benchmarks pushed down my throat..

But since Yorkfield is about the same speed faster than Phenom in PCMark2005, I expected it to be around the same with this

Eh its fast I give it that, but that doesn't mean I'll be going with Intel again

well, it was 23% faster then a dual core... i don't think that's a huge increase. Although it did beat out the high end phenom which was interesting. hopefully they will have more overclocking features with the new boards. and if it does overclock, i'd like to see if it has heat problems like the 45nm chips did, like they can only take limited voltage increases.. I would have liked them to put it up against the yorkfields and kentsfields though.. running against a x6800 and a fx-74 system is a bit stupid as they are both dual core's, and getting on with age now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom