Dual GTX260 to be Officially Named GTX295

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think its a good thing what they're doing.. its an attempt to fix their mess up... sure it'll suck bad now...

but in the future it'll make it easier to tell which cards are better than others

i think its a good thing what they're doing.. its an attempt to fix their mess up... sure it'll suck bad now...

but in the future it'll make it easier to tell which cards are better than others

Thats bad for us though. Thats how we maintain status above everyone else. You can confuse people with such things as: A 8800GT is the same as a 9800GT.... and the 8800GTS 640MB is slower than a 8800GT.

If nvidia makes it simple, then we lose the hold we have over everyone who doesnt posses this knowledge as they would formerly come to us for help.

maybe the 150gtx will be more similar to the 8800gts then the 9800gtx was, and i migth be able to do a bios flash. everyone acts liek the 8800gts g92 is old but really it isnt only its name is old lol.

GeForce GTX 295 & GTX 285 To Launch @ CES 2009 - VR-Zone.com: News and Reviews

According to vr-zone, Nvidia will also release GTX 285, it will be a replacement for GTX 280. It will be based on 55nm GT200 and has higher default clock speed

Thats stupid. It would have made sense to have all dual cards use GTX xx5 and all other single models, multiples of 10. Why the **** is this so hard. God. The person in charge of naming conventions must be on drugs or a semi induced coma.

Thats stupid. It would have made sense to have all dual cards use GTX xx5 and all other single models, multiples of 10. Why the **** is this so hard. God. The person in charge of naming conventions must be on drugs or a semi induced coma.

Nah, all they have to do is:

Rename the 9800gt to gtx213
Rename the 9800gtx to gtx222
Rename the gtx260 to gtx227.5
Rename the gtx280 to gtx260+
Call the new gtx280 the gtx280-
Call the dual 260 the the gtx293.333

And then everyone will get it!

Its just simple marketing people!

EDIT: Oh and i forgot - rename the new ones in like a year just to confuse people into buy them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom