Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalipse

Golden Master
phen24zi1.jpg

phen2ly2.jpg

phen23iy6.jpg

phen22gy8.jpg

They're officially naming Deneb (X4) and Heka (X3) chips "Phenom II". I guess AMD thinks the difference is more than large enough to warrant the new name.

Propus, being called "Athlon X4" is a budget quad, made without L3 cache. I think that would be the same with Rana (X3) and Regor (X2).

If this info is true, it looks like the Phenom II 940 will be a real beast of an overclocker.

kinda off topic...but why buy two 4830's when you could probably get a 4870 for around that price?

1 great card > 2 mediocre cards :|

anyway, what's the pricing on these things going to be? surely they'll need to be really cheap to compete with core i7

4830's will handle a resolution of 1600x1000 very well. The 4870 is for resolutions 1900x1200 and higher. In terms of performance, I should go with the 4870. But because I realize I wouldn't get another 4870 to crossfire with, its basically my curiosity and desire to actually put my crossfire board to the use.

hah i know what you mean, i wanna get another 8600GTS and run SLI for ****s and giggles, only if i can get it for $20 bucks again though.

If the 920's over clock to about the same frequencies while sporting 8MB of total cache as well. Then it would be reasonable to go with the 920 instead. On the bright side, if for some reason there is a huge price gap between the two, I'll just go with the 920. If there is not, then I would go for the 940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom