Deneb = Phenom II, info leaks out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just worried if they change the physical bracket mount any, on AM3, i am on AM right now, and am trying to wait for AM3, but if they change where the holes are or anything like that, then I will have to wait a bit longer and wait till dangerden gets an AM3 block, if they do change the holes around....

Dude Apok I m keeping Deneb until like December of next year. Even then I'll just drop my Deneb into some AM3 board along with some decent DDR3 ram.

Like seriously, whats the point of grabbing a Deneb chip if your only going to upgrade to another chip within 2 months?

Dude Apok I m keeping Deneb until like December of next year. Even then I'll just drop my Deneb into some AM3 board along with some decent DDR3 ram.

Like seriously, whats the point of grabbing a Deneb chip if your only going to upgrade to another chip within 2 months?
The point is I like them, and I buy what I like.

I do too, but I m waiting until next December before I upgrade to another AM3 chip. Maybe I m just for idiot waiting until the end of the Phenom II's life span before I start considering an AM3 chip.

If this graph is legit, it looks like Deneb is going to almost halve the power consumption of Agena:
15fsx9.gif

The 4870X2 probably has a lower power consumption then Agena :p

If you didn't notice.. I was kidding.

So will there be any differences between the AM2+ Denebs and the exclusively AM3 Phenom II's?

Other then DDR2 & DDR3 ram.

The power consumption graph that Apokalipse posted compares the two CPU's alone, it is not the total system draw. In total system draw, 47w is not really a huge difference as some people may think.

Actually, from what I seen Agena usually consume more than 60w than a similar clocked Yorkfield depending on the motherboard used. (example, look at Q9400 and 9950)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom