Deneb @ 4Ghz w/ Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey you actually posted it :)

Honestly, like I said on Xfire, I agree with you... I know this mostly goes to a certain somebody... but still.. I don't know if I want to upgrade to this or not.. I feel Two Cores is already overkill haha

Wait, you want this for folding don't ya :p

Basically, im trying to make this rig last as long as possible.

If the deneb chips oc this easily, then i could grab one and run it in my board. I wouldint mind running at 4ghz 24/7, along with a GTX 260+.

There's certainly no lack of performance with Phenom's
they are basically the only CPU not from Intel that even comes close to the monopolistic goliath's chips

Yeah, many people seem to fixated on benchmarks, and if a chip is 5% faster compared to another, the other becomes "slow" which is not the case.

Basically, im trying to make this rig last as long as possible.

If the deneb chips oc this easily, then i could grab one and run it in my board. I wouldint mind running at 4ghz 24/7, along with a GTX 260+.

Yeah, many people seem to fixated on benchmarks, and if a chip is 5% faster compared to another, the other becomes "slow" which is not the case.

Yes they can enjoy their 3 extra FPS, while we get smoother gameplay

heh, newest thing about Deneb i saw readin' on xs
it will have a FX-80 @ 4.0 and FX-82 @ 4.4

Debeb up to 4.4 Ghz? - XtremeSystems Forums

of course...leak is not confirmed
you can't predict it will and you can't predict it won't

just some good ol' controversy to have some fun up until it is revieled.

honestly though...would be cool if FX was back and got released @ 3.4 or 3.6.
4.0 would be :drool:

I'm not sure what compiler PCmark05 used, but there was a test on a Via system - which actually has an unlocked ID - where they used a "GenuineIntel" ID, an "AuthenticAMD" ID, and an unmodified ID.
What they found was that the Via CPU performed highest with the GenuineIntel ID, performed less with an AuthenticAMD ID, and lowest with its own ID.
Nothing else about the system was changed all; just the CPU ID.

That can be due to using Intel's compilers, which have been spammed to developers by Intel sales reps. Can you post a link of that. Seems interesting. I myself use the GCC for all my stuff.

it would involve recompiling superpi to call the intel function on non intel chips. You could do this through using the GCC or some non-intel compiler. But superpi isn't open source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom