Cyberpowersystems.com Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gene4228

Solid State Member
Just curious, seen more bad than good replies about these guys. Anyone ever bought a cpu from there? thanks

safe? what do you mean by safe? safe to buy? of course...they are a computer manufacturer like Dell, HP, Gateway, Alienware

um no he means are they safe like do they build good systems and stuff liek that. And they are nothing like alienware. People say theyre service is terible the longest wait time ive had with alienware was 5 minutes, who knows how long cyberpowerinc makes u wait. In a forum somewere someone also said that cyberpowerinc had glued their graphics card to their agp slot.

ya thats bad but i went to go look at their configurators and they have cable management available for 20 bucks. Who knows maybe they cleaned up their act. I mean u can get a 3700 dollar system for 3300 dollars their with shipping.

A friend of mine ordere a computer from them a while ago. It was a decent computer, only minor problems.

First, they did not hook up his harddrives correctly (or at all). I popped open the case and plugged them in, thy worked fine. I dunno why they didnt plug them in, safety? no biggie.

His video card ehatsink looked lik it had been stepped on. It still made good contact with the core of the GPU, and cooled just fine, jsut th fins were all bent on one side. I have no idea why this was, but becuase it still sat right and cooled fine, i didn't return it for him.

Otherwise, to my knowlege, the computer runs just fine to this day. Was fast sipping and no hassle, he got a decen price on it all.

Nope, not quality, but not worth returning the entire computer or even just the video card back in. That'd probably be a 1-2 week RMA process even if it was free, he'd have to wait.

I don't think any computer manufacturer is totally free of errors on all their computers, you're overall quality is all that matters. Compared to Alienware the quality is dull, but then compare prices and you see why CyberPowerInc. is a good alternative. I'd take a bent heatsink i can replace myself for $20 over a computer of similiar performance that costs $100-500 more.

Neither will ever see my business though. I can build a superior quality computer at a significantly lower price than either of them, probably in half the time as well lol. Plus I enjoy doing it myself anyways...

ya i wanted to build my on pc but i wanted to put it of because id rather waste my money on a broken processor than take the risk of my parents not buying me another one or stuff like that.

wolfeyes89 said:
wow thats scary a steped on heatsink i really wouldnt call that quality though.
bad service too and not professional at all...i'd rather set it up myself. now that's professional and for all those people who built/setup their computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom