Core i7 a new review with bechmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey nice =D i would like to have one of these in my new build soon
T.T but i bets its gonna cost heaps for the 2.66Ghz one
something like $500(AUS) i say?

My entire build depends on the 2.9ghz Core i7 being around $650.

Edit:
O..... crap............................................................................................................
pccasegear.com.... has.... erm..... x58 motherboards..... for....... $500 AUD.......... i. just. soiled. myself.

Well. I gotta go buy an extension cord/rope, Cya guys.

meh, stuff the rope. Invest in a shotgun and balaclava, 'tis what I plan to do....*shifty eyes*
but seriously....crap. $500 for the mobo is just a little past what I was expecting..cough cough. lol, zedman, feel like paying for half the rig then sharing?

My entire build depends on the 2.9ghz Core i7 being around $650.

Edit:
O..... crap............................................................................................................
pccasegear.com.... has.... erm..... x58 motherboards..... for....... $500 AUD.......... i. just. soiled. myself.

Well. I gotta go buy an extension cord/rope, Cya guys.

Well we all knew it was going to be overpriced...

Wait until Black Friday.. see if there's any drop.. (doubt it but who knows..)

meh, stuff the rope. Invest in a shotgun and balaclava, 'tis what I plan to do....*shifty eyes*
but seriously....crap. $500 for the mobo is just a little past what I was expecting..cough cough. lol, zedman, feel like paying for half the rig then sharing?

Lol.

Zedman: Dude, for gods sakes, DHL me the PC, i just bought a new game....

I highly doubt that i7 will come down anytime in the next 3-4 months. Also, the core chips arent scheduled to come down either. Until amd gets their crap together, intel has no reason to lower prices.

I highly doubt that i7 will come down anytime in the next 3-4 months. Also, the core chips arent scheduled to come down either. Until amd gets their crap together, intel has no reason to lower prices.

They do. To replace the old CPU with new ones. There was a price drop on Intel CPU but it didn't really affected us and they made the E7200 cheaper to release the E7300 at the price the E7200 was.

Core i7 920 ~= $620 AUD
x58 motherboard ~= $500 AUD
3GB triple channel DDR3 (DDR3-1333) ~= $265 AUD

You could get about 9-10 Phenom 9850's for the price of an i7 extreme 965
and 9-10 phenom's would have more power, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom