Core i5 750 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it has been posted but here is a good review from Anandtech:

AnandTech: Intel's Core i7 870 & i5 750, Lynnfield: Harder, Better, Faster Stronger

I am slightly skeptical of their 3D rendering performances here however (its possible HT was off for these tests...). The old i7s seem to get no performance increase for hyperthreading compared to the Lynfield cpus which seems quite strange as the should.

well the lynfeild is slightly faster due to the higher and smarter turbo clocking so your prob seeing that instead of the HT.

How many programs do you know of that benefit from 8 logical cores? Not to mention hyperthreading in the old p4's was pretty hit and miss in some applications. I trust Anand more than most other sites, he actually has a reputation to keep unlike most other people/sites out there.

well GTA IV certainly likes 8 cores :D but that's not the point. the smarter and faster turbo mode on the LGA 1156's 17's makes it a slight bit faster than the i7 920. and you are right not much makes use of anytihng more than 4 cores so i dont know why the i7 860 is so stupidly priced.

How many programs do you know of that benefit from 8 logical cores? Not to mention hyperthreading in the old p4's was pretty hit and miss in some applications. I trust Anand more than most other sites, he actually has a reputation to keep unlike most other people/sites out there.

I was talking about the 3d rendering benchmarks, ie 3DS Max. They saturate all cores, logical and physical. They are pretty much the only programs that do apart from stress tests.

And I do trust Anand (Edited my other post - poor wording), but I wondering if the had hyperthreading turned off or something, because the old i7s see about a 30% increase in performance in rendering when HT is enabled.

thx hefe. also thx meat helmet for that additional review. just decided to add another one that gives info so that there doesnt have to be additional threads on the same subject.

also, meat helmet, if you want the review you found added to the first post with credit given to you for teh find thats cool, so that people dont get confused or something if they want to look at multiple reviews in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom