core 2 quadro

Status
Not open for further replies.
amd has a real problem because core 2(conroe) is better from 20 to 65% vice Athlon 64 FX 60.
AMD buy ATI because they want to do a CGPU.
The Intel trend is to do until 2010 a multi-procesor arhitecture ,up to 32 procesor on a die.

Alexandro said:
amd has a real problem because core 2(conroe) is better from 20 to 65% vice Athlon 64 FX 60.
AMD buy ATI because they want to do a CGPU.
The Intel trend is to do until 2010 a multi-procesor arhitecture ,up to 32 procesor on a die.

Do you have some resources to back that up?

I fail to see how 2 cores @ 32 bits could ever outperform 2 cores @ 64 bits. Lets see some URLs

I've read about this before, I think the clash between Intel and Amd will reach a climax, can't wait to see what's going to happen with the prices of high-end cpu's. With the though competition these days, times sure are good for us geeks.

Competition works so well for so long before it breeds diversity. Which in this case I think would be both good and bad. Reaching moore's law, diversity in chip architecure is good. but.....it means a shift in the paradigm of current programming. not good, unless there is backwards compatibility with older technologies.

I thought that they could only fit up to 4 cores on one processor do to physical size? And if they were going to have more cores, the size of the processor itself would increase in terms of volume. Hence, a processor would be like 4 inchs by 4 inchs if they were to fit that many cores on it? Because surely they can't just stack the cores do to heat problems?

Excuse my stupidity, but its what i've read in a few toms hardware articles, if im understanding them correctly.

they shrink the size of the cores from time to time

anyway, AMD's K8L Quad core should be very good. from what I've read, it'll not only compete with Core 2 Duo, but also Core 2 Quad; AND it will use less power

The Kid said:
I thought that they could only fit up to 4 cores on one processor do to physical size? And if they were going to have more cores, the size of the processor itself would increase in terms of volume. Hence, a processor would be like 4 inchs by 4 inchs if they were to fit that many cores on it? Because surely they can't just stack the cores do to heat problems?

Excuse my stupidity, but its what i've read in a few toms hardware articles, if im understanding them correctly.

^^You just paraphrased Moore's law of chip architecture. We will reach a point where you can fit the maximum amount per surface area. It happens, maybe they will change architectures. Besides, stupidity comes from doing something you know as wrong. NOT from asking questions

As for 4 cores....look at the PS3, if I remember right, they are fitting up to 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom