Complete Crossfire Chipset Comparison (Concludes P45>X38)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this at all. If anything it should perform the same...

But hey, good news I guess. This means that the p45 can perform as good or better then the x38 so we can recommend cheaper mobo's too our peeps.

They added a new update

Update 16/07/2008: Previously we had found the performance of the Intel X38 chipset to be quite poor, which was surprising as the X48 really only brings 1600MHz FSB support to the table. However after spending hours upon hours testing with the ASUS Maximus Extreme, we were unable to beat the P45 performance with this X38 board. Therefore we ordered the Gigabyte X38T-DQ6 to re-test the X38 chipset, and as it turns out the results that we were receiving on the Maximus Extreme were much lower, as the X38T-DQ6 was able to match our X48 board.

So far we have been unable to work out why the Maximus Extreme is delivering such poor Crossfire performance and had initially suspected it to be a Catalyst driver issue, though we are now doubtful that the drivers are to blame. For those that had already read the article previously we do apologize. The Gigabyte X38T-DQ6 has been thoroughly tested over the past two days and we are now certain that we have true X38 Crossfire performance with the Radeon HD 4850 graphics cards.

It seems that ASUS Maximus Extreme was having an issue or whatever

They also updated the charts and it seems the Gigabyte X38T-DQ6 got identical results to X48 in most of the games

Legion Hardware

Ya, that made no sense being as the x48 is only a cherry picked x38 north bridge. The p45 is still the "midrange" chipset while the x38 and x48 are the enthusiast parts. The sad part is, x48 is only a few bucks more than x38, theres really no reason to even buy x38. Skip a few trips to the fast food joint of your choice and you can afford the x48.

Btw, my rampage formula will be going in the machine tonight :)

Also, TEST THE 4870 CROSSFIRE i dont care about the low end card that has only half the bandwidth of the 4870....*stupid benchmarks*

The p45 is going to be cheaper, and run a bit cooler. Performance wise they will both be running pci-e 2.0 16x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom