Complete Crossfire Chipset Comparison (Concludes P45>X38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
World in Conflict:
WiC_Table.png

UT3:
UT3_Table.png

Supreme Commander:
SupCom_Table.png

Devil May Cry 4
DMC4_Table.png

Crysis
Crysis_Table.png

Source

It seems that P45 in 8x/8x configuration was always faster than X38

p45 is newer tech and uses a different sb doesn't it? so it would make scaling better i would think. and x48 slaughters p45...

yeah i'm with you.. don't really get why you're making this comparison. p45 to x38 is like mustang to civic (early 90's style civic)...

What is funny is that all people here were recommending the more expensive X38 over P45

there ya go. that makes sense then. (shoulda put that in the op ;) )

and also, i don't think anybody has really seen xfire benchmarks on the p45 yet, and so the only thing other then the x38 to recommend for good xfire performance was the x48.....and just recently the p45 chipset came out so its not like this is a whole new revolution after a 5 year span of recommendations.

I still don't buy it. I need to see some very convincing reasons as to why the P45 performed better than the X38 in crossfire....and also need to see some more tests.

The only "newer tech" the P45 uses is a 65nm shrink from 90nm....the southbridge is different (ICH10 vs ICH9R) but the X48 performs faster than the X38 and P45 and uses the older ICH9R southbridge, so that rules that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom