CES 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB in a power outlet has been wandering around for a few years.

And lol, that Cyborg MMO7 (no. 8) looks like the most uncomfortable thing to be called a mouse.

I really like the idea of the powerbag (no. 14), might look to integrating something similar into my current bag.

Will Leader's $179 Android tablet live up to its name CES 2012 Tablets and E-book Readers - CNET Blogs
To start, the Impression is loaded with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, which is infinitely more sexy to even beginning Android fans than Amazon's forked and locked-down version of the Google mobile OS.

There's also Bluetooth, HDMI, a front-facing camera, and an included case that you won't find on that better-selling budget tab. The WSVGA 1024x600 capacitive touch display isn't exactly IMAX in the palm of your hand, but it's more than sufficient for a budget device--Leader reps told me it's identical to the screen used in the Galaxy 7 Tab.

and

WD teases with Thunderbolt drive demo | CES 2012: Computers and Hardware - CNET Blogs

In the sneak peek, there were four drives daisy-chained together and the demo machine showed a top performance of around 515MBps for writing and 770MBps for reading, which is as good as it gets when it comes to storage performance.

i'm still reviewing canonical's annoucements.

edit -

I Want My Ubuntu TV! - TechCrunch

CES 2012 will be the first glimpse of an expansion of Ubuntu's reach across a spectrum of consumer devices. Canonical has a broad multi-screen strategy, and much of their work on the Unity interface to date has been laying the foundation for that strategy. Moreover, the work on Unity is just one example of Canonical's efforts to move beyond being simply an integrator of components for a functional desktop Linux experience. Their Software Center is another example, as an effort to reward application devlopers. They've been working with OEMs to assist in product development. There's also UbuntuOne, their cloud storage and synchronization service. And Canonical has been working hard to develop touch interface support in the Linux world, as well as driving better ARM support.

Ubuntu TV is to be the first proof point of this new strategy. Silber says that you'll be able to watch your own media files, streaming media, or broadcast media.

So far Intel's new Minefield SoC is one of the more interesting things I have seen come out of CES. It's impressive that they have managed to make a 5 year old Atom cpu core beat Cortex A9 on performance with similar power consumption.

The Samsung Series 9 15" is also very awesome looking, if I was in the market for a laptop it would be my first pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom