Cebit: Intel plans to bring out cheap "Extreme Editions"

Status
Not open for further replies.
orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1782197 said:
Oh yeah, and the $1000+ Price tag is totally worth it.

The AMD Six core CPU will probably be between $200-400 and is coming to AM3.

yea but I'm sure the current i5/i7 will still be >= to it though :\ and I doubt they would have them that high..I'm sure the base model will be about $400-500 though :\

The first gulftown Intel releases will $1000. We won't see cheaper ($500) until Q3 2010.

Why do you think that?

I'm not trying to start a big war or anything. Just assuming what's going to happen next by looking at what has happened recently. Every time AMD releases a new generation of CPU's they are about equal to intel's last generation.... Again, not bullying AMD, it's just the facts.

So looking back on that I highly doubt they will bring out a CPU that's a step above intel. Kinda like how nvidia and ati are right now. ATI is walking all over nvidia and they say they are going to go a step above them (fermi) but obviously it's not going anywhere lol

I agree with waffle...I don't think I see AMD pulling ahead even if they are first in line with 6 core CPU's.

Given Thubans massive die size ( Istanbul is 334mm^2) I wouldn't expect it to cost close to $200.

Intel can get away with pricing the consumer gulftown so high becase AMD won't have any chips that can even hope to compete with it until Bulldozer is released. Plus there will be cheaper Xeon version(s) of gulftown as well as 32nm Xeon quads available for lga1366.

I'm not trying to start a big war or anything. Just assuming what's going to happen next by looking at what has happened recently. Every time AMD releases a new generation of CPU's they are about equal to intel's last generation.... Again, not bullying AMD, it's just the facts.
You haven't seen a lot of the AMD Intel history then.
Plenty of times, AMD was on top of Intel.

Even better, I am pretty sure Bulldozer is coming to AM3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom