Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
New Features

Catalystâ„¢ 8.6 introduces the following new features:

* OpenGL Adaptive Anti-Aliasing Custom Filters support
* OpenGL CrossFireXâ„¢ (QUAD) support - 3 or 4 GPUs in CrossFireâ„¢ mode
* Catalyst Install enhancement - No reboot required after Catalyst upgrade install

OpenGL Adaptive Anti-Aliasing Custom Filters support

This release of Catalystâ„¢ introduces Adaptive Anti-Aliasing Custom Filters support for OpenGL applications for the ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 3000 Series, ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 2000 Series of products. Using the Edge Detect Custom Filter, users can enable 12X and 24X Anti-Aliasing. Selecting 4X Anti-Aliasing plus selecting the Edge Detect filter delivers the equivalent of 12X Anti-Aliasing. Selecting 8X Anti-Aliasing plus selecting the Edge Detect filter delivers the equivalent of 24X Anti-Aliasing.
OpenGL CrossFireXâ„¢ (QUAD) support - 3 or 4 GPUs in CrossFireâ„¢ mode

This release of Catalystâ„¢ introduces CrossFireXâ„¢ QUAD support for OpenGL applications. Users with any combination of a ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 3870, ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 3850, and ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 3870 X2 graphics accelerators running with 3 or 4 GPUs will be able to run in CrossFireXâ„¢ QUAD mode (when used in a CrossFireXâ„¢ compatible PC).

Users are also able to run in CrossFireXâ„¢ QUAD mode while running in extended desktop mode on the Windows Vista desktop.

Catalyst Install enhancement - No reboot required after Catalyst upgrade install

This release of Catalystâ„¢ introduces an enhancement to the Catalyst installer. Users are no longer required to reboot their system after Catalyst has finished installing (as long as the installation is an upgrade from a previous Catalyst install).
Performance Improvements

The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalystâ„¢.

* 3DMark Vantage:10 to 15% gains across all Radeonâ„¢ HD 3xxx and HD 2xxx products, with larger gains in specific cases.
* Call of Duty 4: Performance increases across all Radeonâ„¢ HD 3xxx and HD 2xxx products, with gains as large as 35% in specific maps.
* Call of Juarez DX10: Performance increases between 2 and 9% across all HD 3xxx and HD 2xxx products
* Company of Heroes (DX10 version): Performance increases between 4 and 10% across HD 36xx and HD 34xx products.
* Lost Planet (DX10 version): Performance increases by 1 or 2 fps across all HD 3xxx and HD 2xxx products, creating in some cases up to 20% increase.
* Lost Planet (DX9 version): Performance increases between 2 and 20% across all HD 3xxx and HD 2xxx products
* Prey OpenGL: 3-5% gains across HD 3xxx and HD 2xxx products.
* Quake 4 OpenGL: Up to 8% increase across all HD 3xxx and HD 2xxx products.
* Shadermark 2.1: Minor improvements across all HD 3xxx and HD 2xxx products, with the largest gains appearing on HD 3650 (up to 9%)
* ViewPerf 10: Substantial performance improvements across several of the sub-tests, with the largest gains in ugnx (up to 55%), catia (up to 17%) and tcvis (up to 10%) across all of the HD 3xxx and HD 2xxx products.

XP

VISTA 32

VISTA 64

DL and installed... CCC won't run. It tries to, but it is only on the screen for a split-second before its gone. It keeps trying every 5-6 seconds, but just can't. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice.

Anyone got any ideas about 1)what's causing it? 2) how to fix it?

I may try to re-DL it and have another go tonight.

I'll give that a shot when I get home. ;)

*EDIT* Didn't work, but I downloaded 8,5 CCC and it does work. */EDIT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom