Car Key That Jams Driver's Cell Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Car Key That Jams Driver's Cell Phone

Hey look, a key that jams teen driver's cell phones while they drive! What a great invention, it is fool proof! Except, you know, you could just go to Wal-Mart and have a normal key made. Duh.

The university has obtained provisional patents and licensed the invention – Key2SafeDriving – to a private company that hopes to see it on the market within six months at a cost of less than $50 per key plus a yet-undetermined monthly service fee.

Or, you could, just take away their cell phone? I was smart enough not to do anything stupid while driving, for those with less intelligence, parents should just take away their phones, problem solved.

Or, you could, just take away their cell phone? I was smart enough not to do anything stupid while driving, for those with less intelligence, parents should just take away their phones, problem solved.

I'm with you on this. I'm thinking of the 5 girls from Fairport NY that lost their lives because the driver was texting and then swerved to avoid a truck.

But kids being kids, this may be a useful tool if taking away the cell phone is not an option.

Off topic : poizen i dont think ive ever seen one of your posts without a typo in it, you use your elbo to type? :D

On topic : i could just make out what poizen said and i totally agree.

Off topic : poizen i dont think ive ever seen one of your posts without a typo in it, you use your elbo to type? :D

On topic : i could just make out what poizen said and i totally agree.

im dislecksic im actually going over my posts lately but i dont always see my typo's i need to instal the opera spell checker

This is pretty neat i guess.

And sometimes getting keys made makes no difference BTW. I drive an 08 chevy cobalt, which is a relatively inexpensive car. The keys all have chips in them. Cut keys just wont.. cut it. XD
And more and more keys are being made with programmed chips in them.

I agree using one of your hands and talking on the phone is trouble, texting while driving is just freaking stupid, as well as anything that distracts you so much that you can't concentrate on driving. It's dangerous and you not only risk your life, but everyone else driving around you.

Now as far as banning the hands-free sets, like they're trying to do up here. I think it's stupid.

Look at it this way: Talking on a phone that doesn't require you to use your hands is no different than talking to your passengers.
What are they going to do, ban all passengers? lol. Make 1 person only cars from now on. heh.

And no I don't even own a cell phone, let alone talk on one with a hands-free set while driving like you might assume.

I just think its retarded.
Passengers are 5x more distracting than a hands-free set on a cell phone.

But yeah, the only fault to this neat idea, is will it jam the phone of everyone else in the car? Because that'd be darned retarded. If im on a long trip in the passenger seat I darn well want to be able to play with my iphone (I Will get one XD). Or even make plans o nthe way to wherever we're going out to. or recieve Changes to meeting places or plans while we're on the way to meet people.

Anyhow. neat idea, but it just looks like one big headache... and im not even a phone owner. Though I have required my passengers to use their phones while im driving to figure out wth is going on, on several occations.

This is pretty neat i guess.

And sometimes getting keys made makes no difference BTW. I drive an 08 chevy cobalt, which is a relatively inexpensive car. The keys all have chips in them. Cut keys just wont.. cut it. XD
And more and more keys are being made with programmed chips in them.

I agree using one of your hands and talking on the phone is trouble, texting while driving is just freaking stupid, as well as anything that distracts you so much that you can't concentrate on driving. It's dangerous and you not only risk your life, but everyone else driving around you.

Now as far as banning the hands-free sets, like they're trying to do up here. I think it's stupid.

Look at it this way: Talking on a phone that doesn't require you to use your hands is no different than talking to your passengers.
What are they going to do, ban all passengers? lol. Make 1 person only cars from now on. heh.

And no I don't even own a cell phone, let alone talk on one with a hands-free set while driving like you might assume.

I just think its retarded.
Passengers are 5x more distracting than a hands-free set on a cell phone.

But yeah, the only fault to this neat idea, is will it jam the phone of everyone else in the car? Because that'd be darned retarded. If im on a long trip in the passenger seat I darn well want to be able to play with my iphone (I Will get one XD). Or even make plans o nthe way to wherever we're going out to. or recieve Changes to meeting places or plans while we're on the way to meet people.

Anyhow. neat idea, but it just looks like one big headache... and im not even a phone owner. Though I have required my passengers to use their phones while im driving to figure out wth is going on, on several occations.

no no the driver will just get a sound proof box.

But that's not safe either. Then you can't hear the sound of other traffic, car horns, screaming pedestrians XD not to mention ambulances/police :p

If they're hurry the heck up and invent personal teleportation devices there'd be no problem!

But that's not safe either. Then you can't hear the sound of other traffic, car horns, screaming pedestrians XD not to mention ambulances/police :p

If they're hurry the heck up and invent personal teleportation devices there'd be no problem!

ok so you have a sound proof box with speakers on the inside of theb ox. and small microphones startegically placed on the outside of the car. so then you will still hear everything from the otuside of teh car :D

Ah yeah that would work. Now they'd just need to make it cost effective, aesthetically pleasing, and safe in case of accidents.

God I hope it never comes to something like that. If it does I'll just buy a street bike, and never have kids so I wouldn't have to drive them around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom