Bulldozer (V1 and V2) - The (partial) Scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend works for Intel here in the Silicon Forest and he said Ivy Bridge is still on for February-March release. Also SB-E and Ivy Bridge are 2 completely different markets really...anyone buying SB-E for gaming will basically be wasting a lot of money.

I don't know if anyone else has been following all the leaked reviews and benchmarks...but it looks like I was right back in June. BD is a sack of fail just like Phenom. Even worse actually, as at least Phenom performed better than the previous generation.

I don't know if anyone else has been following all the leaked reviews and benchmarks...but it looks like I was right back in June. BD is a sack of fail just like Phenom. Even worse actually, as at least Phenom performed better than the previous generation.

I had been expecting it for a while now. Intel has built up a very substantial lead in performance and it was unrealistic of anyone to expect AMD to close that gap in a single generation.

I have been following leaked benches too, but still have to take those with a grain of salt. Called way back in June when all the delays and over hype started.

There are already many reviews for Bulldozer. What joke ?

FX-8150 is slower than i7 2600 in most multi-threaded benchmarks. I'm really surprised because FX-8150 not only have more cores but also has higher clock speed than a stock i7 2600

Single-threaded performance is horrible. Bulldozer can't match SB. Actually in some few cases it is slower than Phenom II

Not to mention, that Bulldozer looks like very power hungry CPU

I'm intel fan, but I'm really shocked. How could 8 core CPU with higher stock GHz perform that bad ?

To much cache, to power hungry, architecture made more for server loads, lower cycles per clock than Intel (still), simply not optimized for desktop use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom