Blocked number

Madd dogg

Beta member
Im thinking this forum won't help out with this but anyways. How can you tell if someone blocked your number via iPhone. (I have an android so Idk if the same effects apply) but it go to voice after one ring, I call again it rings more than once. I don't go more than two rings because if its actually calling than I don't want to harass that person. And my text always say sent to non Verizon numbers that doesn't help

The best thing I can tell you is to call from a different phone number and see if it rings. Why would you call if you're not wanting to talk to them, though? Calling and hanging up would irk me quite a bit more...

Im thinking this forum won't help out with this but anyways. How can you tell if someone blocked your number via iPhone. (I have an android so Idk if the same effects apply) but it go to voice after one ring, I call again it rings more than once. I don't go more than two rings because if its actually calling than I don't want to harass that person. And my text always say sent to non Verizon numbers that doesn't help

You can't, really, besides getting voicemail all of the time. If it's inconsistent in ringing a few times and going straight to VM, then they could also either have the phone off or dismiss your call after a few rings.

Also remember that the # of rings you hear on your end may not be the same as the # of rings coming through on their end. Been lot sof times where I'll call my wife sitting next to her to test something, and it'll take a good 3-5 rings or so before the call actually hits her phone. So the "I don't go more than 2 rings" thing you do is kinda bad....as they may not even actually be receiving your call.

I have learned that I can hear the difference when I make a call. If it's ringing slightly faster than normal, it's searching for the phone that you're calling (if it's a cell phone) and you can hear a stutter when it actually starts ringing the phone and the ring slows down just a bit to a "normal" pace. Additionally, there are times still that a normal ring takes one or two rings before it actually hits the phone you're calling, so... yeah.

If it's going straight to voicemail with no rings, call from another phone and see if you get the same thing. If you don't, you may be blocked.

Back
Top Bottom