Bio-computers?

Personally I was hoping for cyborgs. I mean how cool would it be to turn roadkill into the next marketable PC that's compatible with Linux, Windows 8 and Mac OSX?

Of course, it would be equally cool to find out you can turn mulch into a data processor. Now if that's not going green, I just don't know what is. Unless you count that soylent stuff...

If "bio" computers were:
  1. More powerful than today's high-end computers. (I highly doubt they would. My brain has problems with mathmatical functions that an old '79 Intel 8080 would laugh at)
  2. Upgrade-able. How would you even go about upgrading a mass of slime and grey brain matter?)
  3. x86/x64 compatible. The most powerful computers in the world aren't worth anything without good enough software.
    That's the same reason smartphones suck so bad. ARM processors aren't compatible with anything good thus the disability to to run anything except ad loaded, stupid games that phone companies force you to use.
If bio computers actually become a reality, I would stick to the traditional PCs with the same old electric motherboards and Intel's 80486-based architecture that has been kicking ass for years and will continue to kick ass for many, many more. Or at least until I know they won't be a flop like Windows ME, "laserdisks", the Sega 32X or Microsoft WebTV.

Last edited:
If "bio" computers were:
  1. More powerful than today's high-end computers. (I highly doubt they would. My brain has problems with mathmatical functions that an old '79 Intel 8080 would laugh at)
  2. Upgrade-able. How would you even go about upgrading a mass of slime and grey brain matter?)
  3. x86/x64 compatible. The most powerful computers in the world aren't worth anything without good enough software.
    That's the same reason smartphones suck so bad. ARM processors aren't compatible with anything good thus the disability to to run anything except ad loaded, stupid games that phone companies force you to use.
If bio computers actually become a reality, I would stick to the traditional PCs with the same old electric motherboards and 80486-based architecture that has kicked ass for over 20 years. At least until I know they won't be a flop like Windows ME, "laserdisks", the Sega 32X or Microsoft WebTV.

Maybe the practicality behind it lies in artificial intelligence? Or what if you could do joint bio and non bio? Who's to say that the organic part can't do the learning while the electronic part does the memorizing? Just a theory anyway.

It would be nice to be able to put an SSD and a 10-Core Xeon in your brain. THAT would be the most innovative thing since the wheel was invented. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom