Better JPEG standard due in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm just saying there's a difference between the two. maybe your setup isn't high enough quality to perceive the difference in quality, but it's there.

mm, like poizen said it still wont be able to beat RAW.

Its not mean to beat raw, its mean to give better compression than standard jepg while keeping a lower file size than raw.

DUDE! I swear it's hard to tell a difference and i can totally tell from different bit rates too right off the spot, it's just WAV and MP3 320kbps i can hardly tell a difference.

Its very easy with the right hardware.

Theres no difference quality wise between PNG and RAW is there? I thought PNG was lossless.

Theres no difference quality wise between PNG and RAW is there? I thought PNG was lossless.

tiff and raw are equivelant i dont now about png. raw captures the images as teh sensor sees it so you get every detail multiple exposrue levels so much possibility with raw. look up a litle more about it.

you guys realize a lot of the Point and Shoot camera ( or what you prosumers would call "dummy camera" ) uses the jpg format?

this is great news for those point and shoots and phone pictures

That would REALLY help with 7mb and up cameras that only let you use internal memory or small memory cards... If you can flash the firmware to support the new file that is lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom