Barcelona 65nm die vs Shanghai 45nm die, pictured together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Barcelona_vs_Shanghai.jpg

i found this image on dailytech.com one day, good thing i saved it too. Just a comparison of the die shrink n one die taken from both chips for comparison of individual chips.

the desktop versions are Agena and Deneb, btw.

im holding my burning money for a new CPU until the 45nm processors come. What do u guys think of the shrink? And are those a bunch of transistors on the bottom of the 45nm? The gold plate things?

They should be pretty cheap as well because apparently the new lithography technique is 40% more efficient than the one they were using to make 65nm chips.

Hopefully they clock nicely...it will be interesting to see how they hold up against Nehalem (and if Intel decides to lock the frequencies then the 45nm AMD chips should hold up very well).

They should be pretty cheap as well because apparently the new lithography technique is 40% more efficient than the one they were using to make 65nm chips.

Hopefully they clock nicely...it will be interesting to see how they hold up against Nehalem (and if Intel decides to lock the frequencies then the 45nm AMD chips should hold up very well).
AMD's 45nm chips should include the Silicon Germanium transistors they developed with IBM (but didn't have time to implement with the original Phenom release), as well as lower power leakage.
So the 45nm Phenom's should actually be good overclockers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom