ATI's DX11 GPU not till November

Status
Not open for further replies.
considering RV740 vs RV770:
826 million transistors @ 40nm = 137mm²
965 million transistors at 55nm = 260mm²

1 / [(965/826) * (137/260)] = 1.62x the transistors per square mm using TSMC's 40nm process vs their 55nm process

i still don't see the use in going to DX11 when DX10 is rarely used..i know everyone is still packing their pitchforks over vista..but i think it'd be better to get with DX10 before making a new one lol

I don't think it would be better to get with DX10, since apparently no one cares about it. DX11 will probably add a few more features than DX10, so may as well roll it out while no one else committed to DX10.

I can't notice the difference between the DX9 and DX10 in Assassin's creed.... Might just be the game though.

I don't think it would be better to get with DX10, since apparently no one cares about it. DX11 will probably add a few more features than DX10, so may as well roll it out while no one else committed to DX10.
Assassins Creed supports DX 10.1, unless you're forced to get the latest patch, where for some reason they remove support for it.
Basically DX 10.1 has increased performance over 10.0 (eg. AA is done in a single pass)

But anyway, DirectX 11 is likely to be utilised way more, due to Windows 7 coming out.
There are still plenty of people who run XP. That's why game developers stuck to DirectX 9.0c - and then ported them to DirtectX 10, so they wouldn't get the full benifit of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom