ATI readies OEM Special: SuperRV770 to challenge GeForce GTX 260, 280

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for the price it does... well same with the GTX 280 (not that I'm saying its a bad card.. if I won either in a contest... I'd be happy... [if not feeling as if I was king of the world])

But this is nice, I see they carry on the Black Edition name from their CPU to their GPU's as well

I hope AMD can do something like this on their CPU's with those 45nm Phenoms...

The 260 definitely does not suck, it's just that when you consider things like price/performance/power consumption/ all relative to the competition ....it really does suck.

Same deal with the 2900xt

Or this months 8800gt...

You know they never last long ;)

Exactly, and i've been looking at the results and I was so impressed I didn't buy the 4850 because i realised that I have an 8800gt that plenty of people would love to have so why don't I just keep it :) and wait untill I can upgrade all my internal parts a later day.

Exactly, and i've been looking at the results and I was so impressed I didn't buy the 4850 because i realised that I have an 8800gt that plenty of people would love to have so why don't I just keep it :) and wait untill I can upgrade all my internal parts a later day.

I looked at the results, decided to replace all my internal parts and sell my 9800's while they are still worth somethin :p

I looked at the results, decided to replace all my internal parts and sell my 9800's while they are still worth somethin :p

That's the urge I had, but I took a moment to think "why spend money for a few more frames?" I think I'll stick with what I got for a while.

How long is 775 expected to last now? Maybe I can get a cheap 45nm intel quad a year from now that will let me keep up with all the nehalem junkies and then get a 5870 :p.

Unless theres a game that you're not playing well at with the settings you prefer.. then don't plan on upgrading

I'll upgrade when FarCry 2 comes out. Hopefully the 4870 will drop slightly in price by then. As much as this money is burning a hole in my pocket for a 4870 right now.

Well i'm going watercooling with this round and i figure after this build i wont touch anything for a while. Actually at my resolution, the 9800GTX wasnt quite cutting it frame wise in age of conan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom